Post Your Woods/Trail/Harescramble RM's!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys with oversized tanks, what do you recommend? I have an 05 and I think it is time, but I don't know if the clarke or IMS is the way to go. I want the bike to still retain the "cool" factor. Thanks.

why are you wanting an oversized tank? the stock ones will run a good hour and a half harescramble...i'm not prying..just wondering..i thought about getting one too but then seen the prices and said forget it..lol...i am a tight wad

I have a few riding buddies who like to head out for 4-8 hours of straight trail riding, and I don't want to be the guy who is running out of fuel or having to worry about my fuel. I have accepted the cost, but think it will be worth my while....so which one is best?

Here's mine that I've put together the last few days. 03 RM250, bought it cheap as a project woods bike, lots of work bringing her back to shape, and here's what I have so far for mods

By me

Hinson clutch basket

Stealhy 10 oz FWW

Utah skidplate

Cycra barkbusters

13/51 gearing

Tuggers

Already on bike

PC pipe and silencer

V force reeds

Devol front disc guard and rad guards

Just waiting on my new graphics and i'll play with the suspension this winter

bike030.jpg

bike034.jpg

dam zig do you ride that thing....it's mint...nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I normally wrench and tune on it all week, so there's no excuse for it to not look good. Would like to try installing an auto clutch this winter, still haven't decided between a RevLoc Dyna Ring or a Rekluse. And I'd like to try FMF's Stealth silencer, what the heck ~ it's only money!

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=89120

I thought this may be a good place to ask about a rear disc guard. Anybody know of a beefy one other than a Scott's?. Seems that moose and EE aren't making one to fit RM's. I'm working on making an '03 250 into a woods bike myself, already made a lot of changes but I'm,waiting on a few parts to come in before it's ready.

I have a Clarke 3.4 gallon tank for my 96s, and it looks great and doesnt feel fat. I also like that it is yellow and maintains good looks. By the way ILOVETARDS that is a sweet looking RM. Welcome back to 2ts:ride:

I have a few riding buddies who like to head out for 4-8 hours of straight trail riding, and I don't want to be the guy who is running out of fuel or having to worry about my fuel. I have accepted the cost, but think it will be worth my while....so which one is best?

I like IMS tanks better. i think they fit better and look better thats why i bought one for my bike.

Here is my 05 that is new to me. I am coming off an 06 RMZ250 and I absolutely love this bike. Here is what it has:

FMF Gnarly

13/50 Gearing

Rekluse Auto Clutch

Eric Gorr big bore kit

Polished/Ported

Pro Taper Pastrana Bend

Hyde Racing Pipe Guard/Skid Plate

V-Force 3 reed cage

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Hey i had one of those hyde skid plates just like that, seemed to work pretty good but the front mount lost the bolts and the rear mount flexed and it fell off in a race about 4 laps in and i stopped and ripped it off and promptly dented my pipe. i never thought it fit real great how do you like yours? tested it yet?

I tested the skid plate for the first time yesterday. We hit some pretty rocky terrain and I gave it some pretty hard hits and it took them with ease. I agree that mounting it is a pain, I had to use different fasteners cause the ones they provide are more or less useless. I hope it doesn't fail, it cost me a pretty penny.

Thanks for the info on the tank, I think I will go with what you have on your bike.

I thought this may be a good place to ask about a rear disc guard. Anybody know of a beefy one other than a Scott's?. Seems that moose and EE aren't making one to fit RM's. I'm working on making an '03 250 into a woods bike myself, already made a lot of changes but I'm,waiting on a few parts to come in before it's ready.

I dont know how much abuse you are looking for your rear disk guard to take, but my devol guard has held up quite well ?

Here's mine that I've put together the last few days. 03 RM250, bought it cheap as a project woods bike, lots of work bringing her back to shape, and here's what I have so far for mods

By me

Hinson clutch basket

Stealhy 10 oz FWW

Utah skidplate

Cycra barkbusters

13/51 gearing

Tuggers

Already on bike

PC pipe and silencer

V force reeds

bike030.jpg

bike034.jpg

nice bike i love those graphics they look awsome

I use IMS, looks better and doesn't feel much different than the stock tank. I get close to 40 miles off the big tank, sometimes I have to pit, sometimes not, our races usually run around 2 hours for SETRA and SORCS. There is no way I could get a full race out of a stock tank w/out pitting.

DSC02162.jpg

Eric Gorr "Mo better everywhere" porting, Hinson clutch basket, Suspension by Jake, Bills pipe w/Eline CF guard, Cobra spark arrestor, One Industries gripper seat, TM Designs chain guide, RG3 top clamp, Fasstco Flexx bars w/Rooster Performance bark busters & Cryca hand shields, Applied CF gripper frame guards, Carbonfiberworks CF glide plate, Works Connection rear caliper guard,

Ride Engineering braided steel front brake line,

Home made "Tugger" strap, home made steering stem hour meter mount, home made carb vent tube filtering system. Up 2 teeth on rear sprocket for trails.

In the future I may add an IMS tank & an Electrex lighting stator w/ lights for a street legal setup so I can ride from my house to trails.

Edited by pokemanyz
The lulz

By me

Hinson clutch basket

Stealhy 10 oz FWW

Utah skidplate

Cycra barkbusters

13/51 gearing

Tuggers

Already on bike

PC pipe and silencer

V force reeds