Sign in to follow this  

California Thanks for Blowing Up Carly's 24 Hour Money Bomb

You guys are da bomb. You helped blow up the orig. goal of 100K by busting

170K just a few mins. ago.

Thanks.

The Trail Party

So Don it’s likely that control of the house is going to change hands. That means Tom McClintock becomes Chairman of the house subcommittee overseeing the BLM and Forest Service, which is good news since he’s pro OHV. Have you been in touch with him to discuss our land closure issues, i.e. Clear Creek? We need to get that issue scheduled for a hearing before his subcommittee.

So Don it’s likely that control of the house is going to change hands. That means Tom McClintock becomes Chairman of the house subcommittee overseeing the BLM and Forest Service, which is good news since he’s pro OHV. Have you been in touch with him to discuss our land closure issues, i.e. Clear Creek? We need to get that issue scheduled for a hearing before his subcommittee.

:smirk::cheers::p:smirk:

I met Tom the other night in EDH and thanks him for his work with Wally Herger and that we looked foward to more of his help in keeping public lands open to the public. During his speech he did mention that he coauthored a bill that would require the counting of husbandry created endangered species in the endagerend species act. He said that this would stop the total shutdown of areas where these animals live. This is huge.

Keep your checkbooks open and the money coming.

I attended an event with Carly last night and she stressed two key points.

1) We're 18 days away from the election and the outcome will come down to who can spend more on the media blitz. This is the sad reality of politics in CA, but if you ignore this fact you're dead. Matt Fong was even in most polls with Boxer 3 weeks before election day 12 years ago......and then he ran out of money. In the end, he lost to Boxer by 10% points. Boxer has 2x the campaign war chest as Carly and plans to spend about $4mm on media airtime before election day. Carly needs to raise another $2.5mm to $3mm to be able to match Boxer's media spend over the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign.

2) Because Boxer has no record of accomplishment, she will do what she always does, get ugly and attack. Fortunately, she has made herself vulnerable here and Carly plans to be very aggressive.

You'll be seeing a lot of this gem over the next few weeks.

10 months ago Carly was bald and in the midst of chemo-therapy. To remain fully committed to a campaign under those circumstances takes a lot of determination. I'm a perma-pessimist when it comes to CA politics, but I do like what I'm seeing today.

Suffering does seem to change minds.

R

OLR,

I am in contact with McClintock's staff and have attending FS meetings with them. His office has already stated in public they will hold oversight hearings into cost recovery, land closures, etc. Remember, try and get 1-3 (or more) pro-GOP voters to the poll that you go to. I talked with a long time Dem trail rider and he said he will be voting the Trail Party slate this cycle.