Chad Reed is killing the tortoises lol

Good Lord - It's PRIVATE PROPERTY. While noise ordinances make sense and can be applicable, an environmental study on private property is ridiculous.

Many years ago I came to the conclusion that there really isn't such a thing as private property in the United States. It's a convenient fiction that we were all taught in school. The reality is that what you think is private property is not. At best you get an exclusive rental agreement with the state that comes with a bunch of conditions.

Think I'm insane? Try not paying your rent. Rent? Well it's called property taxes. If you don't pay you loose the land. Sounds like rent to me. Conditions on use? Well that is what this thread is about.

Welcome to the current state of things. I suggest you get over it and stop whining, or do something to change things.

• Like 1

he didnt just move in next store to someone and build a track, he has over 24 acres. Setting up a certain time to ride is just complete bs. Tell the farmers around the area that there not allowed to run any of the machines till 9am and no later then 4pm it would never last. Kinda reminds me of a mx track that there suppose to build in New Jersey. People in the town are complaining that it will bring to much noise but yet the track would be located right by an airport that makes more noise then the track would produce. Just people complaining because they want to. I can see for the permit thing since bringing in that much soil does change the natural grade and natural soil conditions which is a big deal.

I think its BS. Pasco county is pretty relaxed about that kinda stuff. as long as they get there fee or what ever the county is happy. Its pretty rural out there too, I just hope all this doesn't effect the local track that is 10 mins away.

I also know exactly where his track is at now, he's only 45 mins from me ?

Maybe CR should take about $50K and tell his neighbos to shut the hell up.... "Oh my God, he rode until 5PM one day, boo-hoo-hoo". That's called CR being at work, so shut your mouth idiots, he has mouth's to feed!

Have you seen the airial photo of the place? There are no houses right next to the track. These people are just complaining to be asses... Better yet, CR should just give the $50K to the local official. Everybody has a price.

Maybe CR should take about $50K and tell his neighbos to shut the hell up.... "Oh my God, he rode until 5PM one day, boo-hoo-hoo". That's called CR being at work, so shut your mouth idiots, he has mouth's to feed!

Have you seen the airial photo of the place? There are no houses right next to the track. These people are just complaining to be asses... Better yet, CR should just give the $50K to the local official. Everybody has a price.

I believe at the bottom right of this pic is the Nursery in question....

What neighbors...

frm00011CR222.jpg

frm00014CR222.jpg

The Article mentioned this area ( as many in Fl ) is a popular Retirement area , that equals a bunch of New Yorkers ( where I Live ) moving there . No Surprise that they are causing Reed and others problems......they will sue ya if you step on their Lawn up here LOL

I would Love these folks to do an enviornmental impact study on what the roads they drive their cars on has done to "nature" !! They wana preach it ? Then Live it !!

Perhaps Reed and others should offer free riding camps to Local kids etc >>>the Charity angle or whatever

Either way you all should read the Dirt Bike article concerning the future of ALL dirtbiking ...... It will open your eyes and make you Vote !!!

This is become more and more of a problem in the entire Southeastern US. RETIREE's from the Northeast have moved in and created problem after problem. They moved to the South because they claim they were tired of living in the cold crowded areas high cost of living and taxes. Now don't like the way we live down here so they want to change it. Well if you are from the Northeast and want to move here to the South you are welcome but leave your "Yankee attitude" up north. When in Rome do as the Romans treat us as you want to be treated and you'll be accepted. If you move here and want to find faught with everyone and everything stay where you are, please!

That's funny, we say the same thing when people like that they move in from the west to east (Chicago to by us MI).. It might be more of a big city attitude, then from us crabby northerner's. Or a combination of city dwellers and crabby old folks..:excuseme:

We have issues with track here too, few crab and they shut down your home track. I seen a guy few miles from me 20miles, build a nice supercross style track in country and was shut down about the time he finished it. Probably cost him a 1k ot build or more, then a track in text township still open, just down the road. These are private tracks. It's not just tracks, it's all types of business and even entertainment.

This is become more and more of a problem in the entire Southeastern US. RETIREE's from the Northeast have moved in and created problem after problem. They moved to the South because they claim they were tired of living in the cold crowded areas high cost of living and taxes. Now don't like the way we live down here so they want to change it. Well if you are from the Northeast and want to move here to the South you are welcome but leave your "Yankee attitude" up north. When in Rome do as the Romans treat us as you want to be treated and you'll be accepted. If you move here and want to find faught with everyone and everything stay where you are, please!

Here is the Nursery;

http://www.ducklakeonline.com/aboutus.html

Here is a satalite image of the Nursery and track;

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=28.345314&lon=-82.14542&zoom=17&q1=12902%20Duck%20Lake%20Canal%20Road%20Dade%20City%2C%20Florida%2033525%20

He should buy 25,000.00 of their stupid plants and plant them between the properties as a "noise barrier".

The whole situation sucks! There are people that will complain just for the sake of complaining and they need to just shut up but we definitely have a sound issue. Our bikes are very loud! We definitely need to do something. 24 acres is not that much land and that nursery is not very far away. I'm sure reeds bike sounds damn good (ie very loud) from their location. We better do something about it or our outrageously overreaching/overbearing government will!

Does not look like a friendly county.. Goggle "pasco county port richey noise" looks like a mess. 66 db from property line is talking volume... not cars, trains, planes, music

"Obviously, you've created a monster," former council member Phyllis Grae told the council Tuesday. "To walk into a restaurant and hear nothing? We don't even do that in my own home."

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/sun_coast/port-richey-noise-ordinance-100410

Here is the Nursery;

http://www.ducklakeonline.com/aboutus.html

Here is a satalite image of the Nursery and track;

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=28.345314&lon=-82.14542&zoom=17&q1=12902%20Duck%20Lake%20Canal%20Road%20Dade%20City%2C%20Florida%2033525%20

He should buy 25,000.00 of their stupid plants and plant them between the properties as a "noise barrier".

These people ship native plants across state lines...and they want to play the environmental impact game?

like someone else said he should just go down to the local officials and just ask them how much do you ****ing want to leave me the **** alone???? these towns are so corrupt it is not even funny. i have seen shit in my own towns with my own eyes how corrupt they are. they all have a price