Won't kick over or push start? Please help!

So I tried to race my first ever race 2 weekends ago I went one lap around in practice and my bike stopped. It would not kick it froze. So my boyfriend took my bike all apart to find the one of the Valve Lifters broken and the side of Camshaft holder. So this is what he replaced Valve Lifter, Camshaft holder, Cylinder head gasket, Cylinder Gasket and Radial Ball Bearing. He also changed the shims last night seeing we still can't figure out what is wrong with this bike. Also the cam chain is lined up like the book shows. So once all put back together it will not kick or push start its like it wants to go but won't go we are getting a spark and changed the spark plug as well. He want's to burn it please help :excuseme: (Prior to all this the bike started but didn't really like when I put it in gear I would have to give it gas or it would stall out. I would always have to hot start it once it had been running for a little while.) I'm new to this so if i didn't give you good information please ask! Thanks

After checking the easy stuff like socal said, then make sure your valve timing is correct. It is very easy to be off by a tooth. Sometimes it will run being a tooth off but will run like crap, especially at idle and wide open

I found out about that first hand. Definitely check that as well. :excuseme:

• 2 weeks later...

if the valve hit the piston hard enough to make a mark or dent the top of the piston, you need to make sure the valves are not bent. sometimes being off by one tooth will let the bike still run....in your case, if the motor actually started you probably would of caused a lot more damage. If you cant get it to kick start, DO NOT force the bike into starting by dragging it behind a car. Its telling you theres another problem. Sounds like you hopefully got away with one here! Fix that thing and throw down some hot laps!

Tom

You towed it with the truck with the valves hitting the pistons?

This is not good you may have just bent the valves. somthings got to give when the crank turns.

Look for someone close that can replace your valves in your cylinderhead and get your engine straitened out. Look on local racing series web-sites, look

thru the sponsers. These shops will treat you good.

Sounds like your carbeurator has cloged jets, if it ran before its prob jetted correctly just needs help.

A valve only needs to bend a very small amount to leak combustion back toward your airfilter that might get ugly.

Edited by Racerboi023