Florida Riders ?

I'm not sure what part of orlando you will be in, but if you're towards the eastern part (specifically near the University of Central Florida) then as you go east on 50 (a.k.a. colonial) just before it turns into 520 on the south side you will see a big sign for figure-8 school bus races. It's about 4 or 5 miles east of alafaya trail on 50. If you turn in there you will find a small mx track. I have never ridden there and I don't know their hours of operation but it may be worth looking in to if you find yourslef with lots of time and no place to ride. I don't know the name unfortunately, but you can ask some of the orlando locals what the name of the place is. Have fun! Disclaimer: I haven't been back there in about 1.5 years so I can't swear that it's still there.

Also if you find any good tracks, please let me know! I live in S. Florida and wouldn't mind the drive up to Orlando for some good tracks. Unfortunately during my stay at UCF I didn't have a bike (poor colege student) and didn't get to scout out the cool tracks.

Smitty,

Go to the WR side and send Rich from Orlando an email, he may be able to help.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Smitty,

Try www.motocrossworld.net

That is the website for the mx track east of Orlando. It's a very informative site with pricing, schedule and photos.

Also check out www.prosportsusa.com/motocross/tracks.htm

There you can find info and links for most of the mx tracks in Florida. Hardrock is a nice facility just outside Ocala if you like hard pack.

Chris

[This message has been edited by chill63 (edited 03-01-2001).]

Go to the Kirton Ranch. It's on the North side of Lake Okeechobee. They have a nice MX track as well as 15-20 miles of trails. They run the first GNCC race of the year there.

Pat

There is Bithlo MX it is on highway 50 just east of orlando. Also Thundercross Mx in Okeechobee. Hardrock Cycle park is in Ocala to the north and they have an excellent track built from a mining pit and a SX track. There is the Ocala NAtl forest for the trails. Also there is the Croom Motocycle area which is at the corner of I-75 and Highway 50, 3000 acres commited to OHV's. THer is the Dade City MX which is off Highway 52 near I-75. And finally a new track opened up in mulberry on highway 60 just outside of Brandon. For more directions goto www.floridatrailriders.org and post a message on their forum.

Nic

------------------

Thumpin