Vet MXing a FX 450 Berg?

oh MAN that is a TOTAL bummer....best of luck to you!!

Thanks Man, I guess it is what it is and we do what we do..lol

I just want to ride, it's good for the head, may not be so good for the body sometimes..ha ha. Whata ya do? I hope to be back riding by spring ?

Getting my bike personalized, did 3 15 min break in rides today around the neighborhood dirt roads, 15 more min an oil/filter change,go over the whole bike and it'll be ready to rip, I'm not..but it will be. Can wait to hear it with the FMF Slip On and the map switch clicked up one notch.. ?

2010HusabergFX450008.jpg

2010HusabergFX450015.jpg

2010HusabergFX450006.jpg

2010HusabergFX450009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, I saw a real back surgeon, The compression fracture was one of the old injuries, so no knew injuries, just jammed it pretty good.

We had a local Hare Scramble this past weekend and I had already done the 1 hr service/break in before going to the track.

I wasn't up for the race but I was a roaming track official. I was able to ride the track off and on. I had also installed the FMF silencer, I sure like the sound!!

There were a few table tops in the loop, the FX450 felt good in the air, turned nicely in the tight stuff, felt controllable and put the power to the ground.

I still have the suspension set up for me to do. I added 15mm risers but I'm going to put CR highs on also. I'm really looking forward to more testing.

I think this bike and I are gonna get along just fine ?

• 2 weeks later...

Gregg-- Congratulations on the new 'berg! Glad to here you're gellin' wittit. :blah:?

I see you have it stored with the band gear. Who plays the Ludwigs? I have a '91 7 piece black Ludwig "Rocker" series myself. Has taken a lot of abuse as we play '80s-'90s Metal.

Thanks guys, The FX450 is really fun to ride for sure, great handling, smooth power and I guess I'm getting old and Lazy because I sure like the estart ?

The Drums are my sons band's, He is a guitarist though and just joined a new band and they practice at our place. They needed him to play bass and although he'd like to play guitar for them he seems to be enjoying the bass, pretty animated:banana: I like the bass, I don't have near the skills my son has though:D .

Right on man, thanks for sharing, Looks like the Berg can do it all!! ?

do you ride any tight single-track stuff? just wondering if it's too much hassle to pick back up after the inevitable fall . . . you know, because it's Heavy! (even though it feels light while riding it)

^^^^ Lol, well, about any 450 is a lil heavy to pick up, I'm hoping not to make a habit of dropping my bike ?

Well . . . not really. My '08 YZ is pretty light, maybe 25 lbs lighter than your Berg. Guess is the big scheme of things, that's not a huge diff though

The extra weight is the starter, and battery. I put up with alittle bit of extra for the ease of the E Button. It feels so flickable while riding, how many times does a guy crash that he worries about the bike weight. If your falling over that much maybe someone should take up golf.

I really don't notice the extra weight while riding, the estart is Great and for me the added weight is worth it.

I'm taking off the Suspension to send to factory Connection today, I can't wait to ride the bike set up for me. Even with the springs and sag not properly set up the bike jumps nice and corners like no other big dirt bike I've ever ridden.

I'd like to add a EXP clutch and maybe a Mega bomb pipe in the future. (supposedly adds a little more power everywhere, about 2 hp, I'd like just a little more over rev). From what I've read, the Rekluse Core EXP would be a great addition for me and my lazy riding style :blah: (That and about 9 times out of 10, I kill the engine when air braking, the wires in my brain between my left hand and right foot seem to have a bad connection ?)

Also I don't think I need or want a LHRB as I'd like to keep and be able to use the clutch lever..

I know I'm going to sound like a panzy, but, is the taller Berg seat any softer than the stock seat on the FX450? :ride:

IMG_4683-1-1.jpg

The extra weight is the starter, and battery. I put up with alittle bit of extra for the ease of the E Button. It feels so flickable while riding, how many times does a guy crash that he worries about the bike weight. If your falling over that much maybe someone should take up golf.

Ha ha lol.:-)) I don't crash too much but I've have my bikes on top of me before.

I am not old enough to play golf yet at only 53 . . . maybe when I get old I'll start.:excuseme:

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/16/2010 at 3:25 PM, mikedamratoski said:

The extra weight is the starter, and battery.

I have the great luck of having a FE 570 in the shed :) I swapped the lead-acid battery out for a LiFe battery (an EarthX ETX12A specifically). The battery sits rather high in these so you definitely feel the difference.

These aren't exactly heavy bikes, but they're a bit heftier and top-heavier than MX bikes. There aren't many places to grab securely onto, so adding some grab loops to them pays off. That and doing a squat lift or a back-to-the-bike squat makes it fine.

Because someone asked: The tall seat is not soft :) But it's reasonably easy to re-foam if you want. The stock seat can be made a bit taller and softer with careful repositioning of the seat cover and adding foam.