04 YZ450 Rekluse Clutch?

Has anyone had experience with fitting a Rekluse z-Start Pro Clutch to a 04 YZ450. The idea being to make the bike better in the woods. Also any recommended supplier? Would it be better to fit a WR 5 speeder?

I was thinking of doing both wr swap and rekluse on my '04 but if I had to pick one it would be the rekluse. I'll probably order direct but might find a better price elsewhere. TT store might sell them, not sure.

I put a WR 5 speed in my '04 YZ 450....I then installed a Rekluse...If I had installed the Rekluse first, I would not have changed out the 4 speed...the ReKluse allows the tall low gear to work well in the 4 speed...If I had it to do over again, I would reverse the order of those mods.

Good to know might just do the clutch on mine then since Im way over budget and out of money on the project anyway.

Good to know might just do the clutch on mine then since Im way over budget and out of money on the project anyway.

I've used all 3 of the differnt Rekluse clutches....for moto, I would go with the EXP...for off road, I definitely would use the Pro Start, as there seems to be less maintenance than with the EZ Start....Just my .02..:excuseme:

• 2 weeks later...

This past season was my second racing my '03 YZ450 in harescrambles after getting started on an XR400. I was really struggling with the 4 speed - it seemed like I was always caught between 1st and 2nd gear in tight stuff. This would inevitably lead to stalling and many minutes of kicking frantically to get it re-started. I installed a Z start Pro in mine about halfway through the year and it's a night and day difference. I don't even use first gear anymore and 3rd gear, dead engine starts carrying the front wheel to the first turn are awesome. Do it...you won't regret it.

i installed a 450 kit into my 426 (only difference was the gaskets) and I love it. I got my Z-start from Rekluse direct. It appears that they are doing away with the Z-start kits and replacing them with the trail kit. So I got it at a price that I feel was beyond well worth it.

Anyhow, it took the full 2 hours that they suggested to install....and that involved mostly 1/2 an hour of initial install and the rest of the time adding up feeler gauges and getting my tolerances correct.

I'm now after one for my other dirt bikes.