Winter's here, where we riding?!?!?!

Arkansaw WI is now closed for the season. So where is everyone riding this weekend?

I'm debating going to a private track in Watertown, MN. I got a chance to try it a few weeks ago, and will be acceptable if nothing else "more fun" pops up.

I also want to lay the "winter vacation smack down challenge" to everyone reading this. Scoops and I are planning to go to the first Motokazie Fergus Falls indoor event this year (in December). It sounds like they're not doing as many this year, and not in the bitter cold! That's a great idea, it's been REALLY cold outside sometimes for this event; not that it matters once you're indoors, but man, pushing the bike out there was freezing!

We'll be there, if you'd like to pit near us, look for our bikes and come on over! I'll offer one free beverage (usually red bull, water, or soda, but maybe a beer could be persuaded after racing is over) to anyone who reads this and comes up to me at the race weekend and mentions this. I always have fun at these events, the different soil (the sand area is great!), the layout, and just the fun we have is fantastic. Sometimes you get some Canadians coming down too, the ones we met were really nice guys, good riders.

I copied this from www.motokazie.com:

10/28/2010 MK News Motokazie announces 2010/11 Indoor Motocross dates: December 10-12th, 2010 and February 25 th – 27th, 2011 at Red Horse Ranch Arena Fergus Falls, MN. Special thanks to presenting sponsor: Root River Powersports! www.rootriverpowersports.com. Motokazie sincerely appreciates their support. Remember to contact our official race hotel to book your rooms early: Best Western The Falls Inn 1-800-293-2216.

This season’s races will bring a few changes because of the economic slow down and the high costs of operating in winter. First, due to the extreme cold weather and heating cost we are not running in January. Unfortunately the Pro pay out will also have to be limited to $1000 per weekend. Season end awards have been reduced to 8.5”x11” certificates. The cost to ride has increased $2, but at the same time we are offering a ‘pick 4 pass’ that costs only $33 per ride if you commit to both weekends. We look forward to seeing everyone this winter at Minnesota’s Largest Indoor Motocross. Click here for pre entry form.

How's the Sandbox? Haven't heard anything yet this year...

I haven't been yet this year, just saw some videos of the track. A lot of people have been saying it's pretty lame because they aren't using the regular pits anymore and the track weaves the width of the building rather than the length. Plus, the current layout only uses 2/3 or less of the available space.

They are changing it on the 8th though, hopefully this time, using all the space.

I have a week off work starting wendsday. Im going to a freinds house by redwing friday or thursday to ride. I realy need to start setting up my bike for ice racing. I just picked up my lowered suspension yesterday. This year is going to be a blast on the ice.

I ride the ice pretty regularly as well. Is it really already that time? I have a blast, but yep, it means getting bikes ready for riding on ice.

I ride at the Sandwedge as well during the winter, and I have had fun doing that. I will hit it this winter for sure. The Motokazie indoor tracks are really fun and nice; big, with changes in the soil (one part will be dirt, another small part is usually sand). They are typically pretty safe, and at the same time offer some neat different obstacles. They had this cool "step on-step off" jump, where I felt like a pro (I LOOKED like a squid, but FELT like a pro!). I loved trying to compress my suspension on landing on the flat surface, to try to bounce off and onto the landing ramp. If you don't want to go for it, it's still smooth. Fun stuff, I love the variety.

Maybe this is the year I go for the triple, I've always wussed out and just doubled. Nah, let's be realistic, I always say that sitting in my living room with huge nads, and then things change when I'm actually there looking at it! ?

I can't wait for Fergus! It's a little "mini-vacation" for me, get out of town, enjoy myself a little bit. :excuseme: And the girls are purdy up nort' der, something in the water, someone tell me I'm wrong...

I haven't heard him mention it. He hates the Gilbert park. It was really a stupid place to put the park, and the bridge debacle was a sin. They could have put it right across the street for instance. But then they wouldn't have had to spend a bundle on the bridge.

I'll call him and get the skinny.

tranqwhl - So you guys thinking you'll be at the Motokazie event December 10-12? If so I'm thinking I will most likely join yas. After watching some videos on youtube of it. Dam i just have to go there ? lol. So if your for sure going just let me know and I will be seeing you there then :excuseme:

tranqwhl - So you guys thinking you'll be at the Motokazie event December 10-12? If so I'm thinking I will most likely join yas. After watching some videos on youtube of it. Dam i just have to go there ? lol. So if your for sure going just let me know and I will be seeing you there then :excuseme:

yes indeed! it will be my first race as a B rider. I will get smoked.

We always do Saturday practice. Then the racing that night, we decide how we feel. We have stuck around and raced, and we have also gotten tired and lazy and just went out for pizza and ate until our eyes rolled back.

Sticking around for the racing is kinda cool, again with the cute northern girls in the stands watching! Sitting here now I feel brave enough to say I'll definitely race, but we'll see when the time comes!

i"m going to the sandbox on friday the 5th. i think they added some more track already

I would LOVE to hear how it is! I wouldn't mind getting some practice in before Fergus, and this place might be the only option soon (cold/wet/both).

went to the sandbox,still small track,lots of people but still fun.monday the 8th putting in full size track,said it will take 2-3 days to build and get to pit in the garage so everything will be back to normal for the winter.

went to the sandbox,still small track,lots of people but still fun.monday the 8th putting in full size track,said it will take 2-3 days to build and get to pit in the garage so everything will be back to normal for the winter.

Sweet, I'm glad they're changing it. I don't know why they didn't use the whole building or the original pits for the first setup.

I'm flagging next weekend, so hopefully the new track makes for some good racing.

Well I think I'm gonna be booking myself a room here this weekend. Where are you guys staying? The recomended Best Western? And yea I'll probly be Pre-regersting to. What class you think I should go for 250c or 14-24c?

I like the age classes, myself... but I don't know how crazy the 14-24 C class is. Anyone ever run that class that can chime in?

We usually stay at my brother's house in Hawley, not too much farther up north. They might come down to watch the races, depends on how much they have going on. I haven't checked with them yet (they have a kid now), if it doesn't work out, we'll be at the Best Western as well!

The younger "C" classes are full of kamakazi's! LOL (And sandbaggers unfortunately) I personally love that they have a 25+ class. I'm not quite 30, so it works well :] Only advice I can give is it looks to me like the 14-24C has the faster and more fit 250C riders in it because they can handle more track time without getting tired. Don't forget that because it's not CC rated, you'll have 450's in there too.