Australian DR-Z owners thread?

Hey all, I know there's a thread in the international section already, but I'm more interested in how many Aussie DRZ riders are on here?I'm located on the Gold Coast, QLD :excuseme:Anyway I just bought my first DRZ today, it's a '01 model with the kicker engine. The previous owner has removed all the roadworthy gear including the indicators, speedo unit, brake light etc, even the rear subframe :lol:I've started gathering up some parts for it (indicator switch, trail tech vapor, edge tail light etc) so I can register it eventually. I was hoping there are others local to me so I could have a specific look at what parts I'm missing? Does any body know of any DRZ being parted out (for the subframe)? There's some on ebay US but postage is a killer.Would be great to catch up with any other aussies on the site ?

Edited by Bryan Bosch

Hey jabtronic , I`m up in townsville but there are at least 2 maybe 3 guys on here that live in the brisvegas area . Hopefully they can catch up with you and help you out . I have seen quite a few aussies on here at one time or another , so it would be interesting to find out how many there really are . You will find TT a great place to get info on your bike and help for all the little problems that can occur , if you can think of it then it probably has happened to someone else on here . I know I can blame this website for a lot of my wages going into my motor , but it was all worth it , greg :excuseme:

Picturesofbike002.jpg

Edited by hinksy

Hey there!

Well for a start I think an Aussie thread is a good idea as our models are quiet different to other countries (eg E is registrable, has a subframe etc).

Im in Bundaberg,(Queensland for those not in the know) and as far as I know I have the only DRZ here.

Mine is an '09 E, I have just finished a SM conversion with CBR 250RR rims, home built kick stand and custom instruments.

One thing I noticed is that suzuki must be listening to the people.... here at least. I helped un-crate mine, and it came out the box with no snorkle, a 3x3 hole and decent jetting...... all I need now is a decent exhaust and FI!

Welcome to Thumpertalk mate..... oh and a tip on getting your bits, you can save searches on egay so that when someone lists something with your key words it will email you.... handy way of getting in first :excuseme:

914062b1.jpg

Edited by Travmoto
pic added

I live in Coffs Harbour. ( NSW )

Here is a pic of mine

P1010015.jpg

It is an old photo. Has a few more battle scars on it now

Pretty standard 2008 model.

The two blokes I ride with both have DRZ's as well.

Other mate has a GS800 so most of our riding tends to be more adventure riding than tight stuff.

Average day ride for us would be 350 to 400Ks

Next year we are planning a three week trip to the salt races at Lake Gairdner in South Australia going there via Birdsville and returning by flinders ranges and up Strzelecki track.

• Like 1

Hi Mate

Guessing you mean 2001 model ?, not 91

Nice bike.

Love the kickers

Regards

Rick

Hehe yeah 2001, something didn't quite sound right about a '91 model.

hey im on the gold coast too. currently ride a suzuki across road bike. looking to get a drz400sm. there quite expensive. about the same price as an '03 600cc sport bike !!!

if any one sees a cheap one here on the coast pm me.

oh yeah nice drz btw !

The SM's are expensive but the E's are priced pretty similar to all the similar bikes out there. I found mine on ebay pretty cheap but obviously it needs some tidying up.

Cheers for the welcomes and pics. Just by looking at everybodys pics so far I've spotted a few more things that are missing on mine.

I live in the Perth Hills and ride an 09 SM which is occasionally converted to dirt. Usually commute and ride offroad locally with some trips away with my 2 buddies on their E's and another mate on his DR350.?:ride:

Recently returned from a trip to Cambodia riding xr250s for 6 days - definitely recommend it! email Bernie at www.motorcycletourscambodia.com for the trip of a lifetime.?

Planning next years trip to the Pilbara. :excuseme:

chooken, I didn't realise you were in Perth, I follow your TT input with great respect. ?

P6200136.jpg

P2090070.jpg

Wollongong NSW here.

2009 SM :excuseme:

I got a thread with pics of mine here somewhere.

Welcome to TT mate. There's a wealth of knowledge here.

One thing to remember, when Eddie Sisneros speaks listen and absorb it. He knows his shit. I've seen dudes argue with him and lose everytime.

Hey chooken what did you do with the green shrouds?

I've scoured ebay and can't find any.

$25k ouch!

Can you point me in the right direction of a cheap option for the oem shrouds? Or are they in the TT store?

$25k is a lot even if you can afford it. I would have to live with my SM if I spent that much on it... you must have a very understanding wife :excuseme:

• Like 1