jabtronic

Australian DR-Z owners thread?

3,730 posts in this topic

On 16/04/2017 at 0:34 AM, BMSteve said:

Had to look that up, and the answer is no, I'm guessing it's far to dry here for moulds to cause a problem

The tank is a Safari 17litre that actually holds 20.25liters

I currently get 20klm per litre running 95 or 98 octane, so 400klm

Do you notice much of a difference in the bike, performance wise, between running 95 and 98 octane

10 hours ago, jonboots28 said:

Do you notice much of a difference in the bike, performance wise, between running 95 and 98 octane

If there's a difference I can't tell, it's just a difference in fuel consumption, fuel costs more but you go further

I do think it runs better and cleaner though, the end of the exhaust is a nice smoky grey, E10 leaves it black and sooty

1 person likes this

Is there an engine number on the drz? Just filling out my rego forms and vicroads want one

On 4/1/2017 at 0:03 PM, NEKOOHC said:

yeah .. in all cases when purchasing a motorised device I do as Craigo does , search for more HP . 

Not in this case , refer below

ZNeofDn.jpg

Ok .. long story short ... I decided to ' mow up ' , I freewheeled my 20 year old mower out of my shed . It has served me well ,  bought new , I used the mototune method to run it in . Only ever used silkolene oils , air filter cleaned after every use and so on and so forth . So .. the last mow I noticed some Nasty sounds , I came to the conclusion it was ( a ) going to throw a rod (b) drop a valve (c) short seize . 

I love the Honda product , so a decided to mobilise to the local Honda dealership and purchase a new device . Had to pry myself away from the new Generation CRF 450RR , decided on the HRR216 MY17 Honda Mower . Handed over the hard earned coin €700 , the fellow said I will fuel it up / add oil . I waited in the showroom and a few minutes later heard a WAAAAAH sound , I thought , do they service hovercraft too ?? . 

He returns with the device I load it up and depart , get home .. kick this thing in the Guts and :shocked: .. it was running HARD !! .. this is a 160 cc 4T and pre set to run at 3450 rpm +_ 50 . I decided to remove the carb and calm it down some , no idle screw , no nothing . I searched along the carb and found a spring attached to the governing linkage . Cruised down to the local ktm dealership and purchased a hour meter tach . Connected it and sure enough .. it was hammering along at 3500 rpm , so I removed the spring and modified it , now it runs at a respectable 2450 rpm +_ 75 . 

The first time I have ever had to " detune " 

Fast looking mower buddy ..lol

1 person likes this

Hey all, just new to the forum but hoping someone may be able to help. I'm looking for a factory exhaust system inc header. I've just brought a 2005 E that I'm trying to get road reg for. The bike has a full Pro Circuit exhaust so it wont pass RWC.

Does anyone in Melbourne have one sitting in the shed that they will part with or possibly even lend me one while i get the RWC?

Thanks

Troy

Hey all, just new to the forum but hoping someone may be able to help. I'm looking for a factory exhaust system inc header. I've just brought a 2005 E that I'm trying to get road reg for. The bike has a full Pro Circuit exhaust so it wont pass RWC.

Does anyone in Melbourne have one sitting in the shed that they will part with or possibly even lend me one while i get the RWC?

Thanks

Troy

I had similar issue not too long ago, needed RWC but the yoshi was too loud even with the insert.

My fix was to tap a socket the right size to get sufficiently stuck in the insert. Didn't run too well but I put it in an took it out just round the corner from the tester, so no harm done.

The socket was inside insert, inside the exhaust. Not hanging out the back

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum but I have been lurking around for a while, but I've only just found this thread so I thought I'd better day Gday.

I'm located in Armidale NSW and recently bought a motarded Dizzer E with its fair share of problems and like every good enthusiast I've thrown money that should of been used to feed my kids, at it.

If anyone has some ideas/links on stiffening up the conventional front end for motard I'm all ears.

IMAG1715.jpg

4 hours ago, Orazzal said:

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum but I have been lurking around for a while, but I've only just found this thread so I thought I'd better day Gday.

I'm located in Armidale NSW and recently bought a motarded Dizzer E with its fair share of problems and like every good enthusiast I've thrown money that should of been used to feed my kids, at it.

If anyone has some ideas/links on stiffening up the conventional front end for motard I'm all ears.

IMAG1715.jpg

You likely need to change the valving in the forks and shock for (optimal) SM use.

Hi all,

From Sydney's north west and new to the forum. Just purchased a 2017 RZ400E recently. I enjoy tinkering around on the bike so have for the time being converted to supermoto. My second bike is a sports bike so I didn't buy it for the power or lack there of but a lot of fun non the less.

Looking to do some off road riding and wondering if there are riding groups out there doing some weekend trails?

thumbnail_IMG_20170827_085431168_HDR.jpg

drz 1.jpg

1 person likes this