04 250X new mods need jetting help

Working on my wifes bike. Putting in a 13.5:1 piston, 04 250 R cam, new valves, intake and exhaust ports cleaned up and polished. I already have opened up the air box, smog block off, boysen quick shot, 250R header pipe W Jardene exhaust, 152 main, 45 pilot, stock needle lowered the clip 2 positions,( going to replace needle with 16203-men-671) Zip Ty fuel screw 2 3/4 turns out, pink wire cut. I live in So Cal elevation 3000. I am requesting help with the jetting as I believe I will need at least a bigger main. I talked to a friend who said the stock main jet in an 06 250R is a 170 so I was considering changing it to that. My wife is a very good rider and we like to go to the local tracks.

Thanks for your time.

Most year R's use a 40mm carb vs. 37mm on the X. You can't compare main sizing directly. The X generally will need a smaller main than an r built with the same parts.

You also cannot compare directly with JD kit main sizing because he uses fatter needles.

IMHO, many X's are over jetted because of this.

No not using the JD kit. I have a 250x closed course competition only use sheet I got directly from Honda. Going by the mods it says to use. It does actually recomend a 152 main. I put the 152 in a long time ago when she was running the stock cam. The mods do call for the R cam. Since I have cleaned up the ports I thought I might want to go up on the main.

Jake, aren't you running the JD Jetting kit? If you are, then his jets and your jet numbers are not comparable.

sorry it took me so long to see this, yes i'm running a jd kit, that's what it says in the paperwork, 165 main if your running an opened up exhaust. I thought it sounded a little rich, but the bike screams so i havn't messed with it.