What Was I thinking riding Rampart on a sunday

So a friend of mine asked me to ride Rampart on sunday,I knew better but still went.there were going to be 4 other guys all that I had never rode with before.So I usually lead in my group but today I figued I would start in towads the back.Well we all took off and in the first mile managed to have everyone split up and lost(***).So we got everyone gathered after about 30 minutes and came up with some sort of plan and route.One of the guys on a kx 450 wanted to leave said it was to dusty what the heck are you kidding there dirt bikes you will have that in dry conditions.Well they talked him in to staying with us so we rode on.He was a real (tool)kept going the wrong direction so we had to put him in 2nd,I ended up riding 3rd in line behind KX450 guy,I could here him yelling when I would get close,no idea what.We finally stopped to gather the riders in the back.I asked what he was saying he said he was yelling to stay off his back(***).Well I guess he got pissed and said he was going to ride Rampart Range Rd back to his truck.(I hope he got a ticket.We continued and the lead rider took out at least 3 other on comming riders and a kid(never stopped or put a hand up for how many in our group)We got about 1/4 into 676 and stopped so he could have a beer(no way).At that point they decided to turn around and go back and not finish the loop.On the way back we took turns leading but then out on no where he cut the trail through the trees to get in front of one of the other guys(are you kidding me)Well we manged to do a amazing (LOL)25 miles in about 6 hours but finally got back to my truck.Moral of my story only ride Rampart mid week like I usually do 2nd dont ride with this group again.Thank you I now feel better!!!!

Edited by cat man
dont need the hassle

Sarah,I think I just realized you are the one on Colo Dirt Riders grp.(cool)And just think I had my son with me on that ride.I just signed up on your meet up grp on a quest to find my son a riding buddy figured that would be a great place.

What a horrible story Cat Man! I can honestly say that all the people I've ridden with who I didn't already know I met through TT or KTMtalk and I have never had an experience like that at all. I still ride with almost all of those folks and have managed to make a few pretty good friends along the way as well. It sounds like the guys you rode with were really quad riders at heart ;-)

I dont ride with anyone I don't know anymore, unless I met them here or on KTMtalk also. Too many hacks out there, plus what happened to wait at intersections? Sorry you had a bad time, let us know who to stay away from ?

The fact that someone cut the trails is really the pissa...

Edited by obgod3

What the heck? Do people forget how to have fun anymore? I was up there with the wife on Saturday and there was definetely a lot of people where we were. I just don't get it. If you want to ride real fast go ride a track, that's what they are for. She has a Polaris quad and I swear it is as big as my jeep. I usually ride my crf450x with her and we are very cautious on the trails because of traffic. Nothing like meeting people riding way too fast head on with no where to go. If I was leading a group and someone pulled a stupid move like flying through the woods to get in front of me on a slower group ride I would get mad. I would probably run over him with my cr500. I do not put up with stupidity from anyone.I want the trails to stay open and safe for a long time.

Seriously? Cutting trails, not waiting at intersections and not knowing how to use hand signals! That sounds like a good recipe for people getting hurt. It drives me nuts when I'm riding in the woods and I give hand signals and the folks riding the other way just wave. I may not be real fast but I try my best to ride safely and respect what trails we still have open. I have to admit though I was taught to ride by folks from TT and KTMtalk so I had good education early on and I'm still learning.

sorry to hear you had a bad riding experience. I tend to steer clear of people that don't "ride".

I'm pretty much done for the season, but come next year you ought to come out and ride.

This group are Great guys to ride with:thumbsup:

Wow Cat man i can't belive you had such a bad experience riding with my buddies. I had to ride back from all the dust and you trying to run me off the trail from behind. Sincerley KX 450. Oh and PS i didn't get a ticket.

?

That sucks you had such a bad experience. I'm with others i've never had a bad experience riding with guys from TT.

• Like 1