Boots for wife for X mas. Help!

Hello there. I know another thread about boots for a wife! I've been researching and reading and wanted to ask for some opinions.

Rocky mtn. Atv/MC has O'Neal Racing Element Ladies Boots 2011

Regular: $109.99

Our price: $98.99

Has anyone had any experience with O'Neal boots? I myself wear A star Tech 8's and have been happy with them. My wife was looking at the O'Neals though.

Some history....she is almost 5' and weighs 125, I bought her a crf 70 and my daughter a crf 50 for xmas. This is both of there first bikes and am exicited that she wants to get into riding. Ive read that some boots have terrible fitment for womens calves. My wife has muscular calves so I know the boots will have to have good adjustablility.

Thanks for any help

If she's new to riding, MX boots are going to hinder her ability to learn how to shift and brake, due to loss of feeling. None of the kids, or my wife, that recently learned how to ride could use the shifter are rear brake wearing boots, it was not until they had plenty of saddle time and were ready for lots of speed and the long trails that we put them in boots.

As far as the elements go, great for beginners boots. They are cheap and if they get "thrashed" in a year, you won't cry over them, and when your wife is ready for a bigger bike, she can get a "better" pair of boots then, when she really needs the protection.

Just my .02