Intermediate Weekend Rides - LA Area - Ongoing

Well, while loading up and my son got up and asked to go riding (which he hasn't done in a while). I'm going to take him out instead to not quench the excitement. You guys have fun. I'll try to make a ride in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Hey Bill

Thanks for posting up this ride and for the texting me this moring:ride: or I would have been in gorman at 9. Sorry you cut your ride short hope your feeling better :(. We finish the sencond half of are ride in drinkwater 52 miles door to door. Nice to meet some new faces Vitor and Gerg its was a pleasure. Mike RiderX?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rider x said:

Hey Bill

Thanks for posting up this ride and for the texting me this moring:ride: or I would have been in gorman at 9. Sorry you cut your ride short hope your feeling better :(. We finish the sencond half of are ride in drinkwater 52 miles door to door. Nice to meet some new faces Victor and Gary its was a pleasure. Mike RiderX?

Fixed it.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd mention, I confirmed the forest is closed at Chuchupate, we drove up there on Sunday and although it seemed you could go in, a ranger stopped us. We backtracked to Snorman and at the end of the day headed over to Tejon and pulled up just as the Forest Service was closing Tejon and East Frazier. I wonder if they will just keep it closed for the whole season now. Hope not. Should have asked when I had the chance! Anyways, huge bummer and I REALLY hope the fire doesn't reach that area. I've been dealing with it personally, living in Ventura, and it has been pretty awful. No end in sight either... sad.

On 12/13/2017 at 3:38 PM, CubMoto said:

I'm in for either day and down for any ride that's within a 1.5 hour drive of Santa Clarita.

How about a romp of a jaunt around the easier parts of California City.

I propose staging at Borax Bills, ready to ride at 9am. ON SUNDAY 12.17

Counterclockwise loop out to the Military prison, and back.

Edited by THE KRAN
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

I propose staging at Borax Bills, ready to ride at 9am.

Geez be careful out there if you get to close to Ridgecrest you might run into that AssRipper guy looking for the prison! ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

I propose staging at Borax Bills, ready to ride at 9am.

I'm in if it's romp of a jaunt and not a jaunt of a romp. There are some things that even I won't do.

• Like 1

I talked to plumberdave yesterday and he'll be there. It's my birthday weekend this weekend, so the extra hours to the desert won't work for me. I've got family stuff in the late afternoon. I had such a fine time at Rower/DWF last weekend that I'll try to find someone who knows the place and can ride Sunday. I'll post it on the old man's thread so we don't get confused ( any more than we are).

Happy trails.

3 hours ago, RedRattler said:

I talked to plumberdave yesterday and he'll be there. It's my birthday weekend this weekend, so the extra hours to the desert won't work for me. I've got family stuff in the late afternoon. I had such a fine time at Rower/DWF last weekend that I'll try to find someone who knows the place and can ride Sunday. I'll post it on the old man's thread so we don't get confused ( any more than we are).

Happy trails.

I would ride with you on Sunday.  I know every inch of DWF.

I really don't want to ride the wide open desert with Dave, as he ALWAYS gets lost or goes the wrong way......I can only ride with Dave when you are there to babysit him.....

Edited by THE KRAN

On 12/13/2017 at 7:42 PM, CubMoto said:

I'm in if it's romp of a jaunt and not a jaunt of a romp. There are some things that even I won't do.

You ok to doing Drinkwater flats instead ?

Is anyone interested in riding Rower/Drinkwater this Sunday 12/17? I rode there with Gflo, Rider X, and the Kran last weekend and had such a good time that I'm game for another try. But I don't know the area well enough to lead, so it would be best if you know your way around. Meet at the Bouquet staging, ride at 9AM approx.