Sign in to follow this  

2011 RMZ450 Review: Roger's last Suzuki

I have sunline clutch and brake not that much difference. twice as hard as my dr was and harder than a hydrolic. Just my opinion put a revloc or rekluse in it best money spent for the dollar.

• Like 1

Stoked that it is so simmilar to my 09 in physical form. Just means my bike will not have an "outdated" look for a little while longer. Nice review!

Looks like they ditched that little oil drain on the shifter sided of the engine? Or maybe just extended the plastig guard? Your 08 had the silver bolt guard too, eh?

Stoked that it is so simmilar to my 09 in physical form. Just means my bike will not have an "outdated" look for a little while longer. Nice review!

Looks like they ditched that little oil drain on the shifter sided of the engine? Or maybe just extended the plastig guard? Your 08 had the silver bolt guard too, eh?

Good eye - they did get rid of that little metal bolt guard thing on the left side of the 08 model. However you still remove that lower mag cover bolt to drain oil out.

I think the styling still looks good and the new gripper seat cover really does have more grip.

haven t found any down side to the dyna ring have about 15 hrs on it now not a problem and you can bump start if you have to. I dont have part numbers for rad cap just go to dealer and ask for higher pressure the stock one is 1.1 and is numbered on cap.

mxengineer4-Was your 08 RMZ stock? I'm currently riding an 08 and sometimes would like a little more rev out of it. Mine is stock. I've read a lot of good things about exhaust and PC, just haven't committed to making that purchase. I can't decide if the added rev would cut enough off my lap times to justify it.

mxengineer4-Was your 08 RMZ stock? I'm currently riding an 08 and sometimes would like a little more rev out of it. Mine is stock. I've read a lot of good things about exhaust and PC, just haven't committed to making that purchase. I can't decide if the added rev would cut enough off my lap times to justify it.

Yes my 08 was stock and I felt the same thing as you - wanting a little more rev at time. I did add an Akrapovic exhaust to my 08 RMZ450 which gave it a little more power pretty much everywhere and it was quieter than the stock pipe. I did nothing to the ECU and it ran fine. I also heard the PC makes the 08/09 RMZ450's run much stronger especially up top. My new 11 model pulls strong from bottom to top and is quiet too. I have not even tried the optional EFI map couplers yet since it runs so strong stock:thumbsup:

Yes my 08 was stock and I felt the same thing as you - wanting a little more rev at time. I did add an Akrapovic exhaust to my 08 RMZ450 which gave it a little more power pretty much everywhere and it was quieter than the stock pipe. I did nothing to the ECU and it ran fine. I also heard the PC makes the 08/09 RMZ450's run much stronger especially up top. My new 11 model pulls strong from bottom to top and is quiet too. I have not even tried the optional EFI map couplers yet since it runs so strong stock:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. Now I need to decide if I want to dump almost $1K into my bike or go get a new one.

Yep...I changed to Works Connection elite clutch lever/perch and it is much

easier to pull.

I also installed a Works Elite clutch lever/perch and the pull effort was noticeably reduced. Still interested in a Rekluse EXP auto clutch but maybe the Dyna ring is the way to go...anyone else have any experience with the Dyna Ring? Snow here in Ohio now so maybe just indoor riding now....

B3.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

The higher your rpm's, the quicker the engagement, less wear.

I think that slow trail riding is the toughest job for these rings.

Very interesting and the comparison against the KTM 350 SXF really piqued my interest, that 350 is one heck of a bike and deserves to sell well. I recently bought the 11 RMZ250 even after riding the 350 but still recall how good that orange bike was

Very interesting and the comparison against the KTM 350 SXF really piqued my interest, that 350 is one heck of a bike and deserves to sell well. I recently bought the 11 RMZ250 even after riding the 350 but still recall how good that orange bike was

My friend has an 11 RMZ250 and I have ridden it a few times....that is one FUN bike! Transworld MX picked it #1 on their 2011 250F shootout:thumbsup:

I picked up my 11 rmz 450 last week and am also debating over a rekluse core exp or dyna ring for enduros. Has anyone purchased either yet in their 10-11 rmz's?

I picked up my 11 rmz 450 last week and am also debating over a rekluse core exp or dyna ring for enduros. Has anyone purchased either yet in their 10-11 rmz's?

I am on the fence also about a EXP or this new dyna ring. Is the dyna ring similar in performance feeling as an EXP - as in pretty much acts like a normal clutch unless you come to a stop etc. I have ridden a 2010 YZ450 and 09 CRF450 with the EXP and there were no negatives that I could feel.

Those with experience please chime in!

I,ve had the rekluse exp on my 2010 rmz450 for a good 9 months so far and its worked perfectly. Im still on the original clutch plates and ride this bike exclusively on mx tracks.

I find it better to kickstart in neutral, select first gear with the clutch lever, and then forget about it, even when doing brake slides into tight corners

I had the rekluse pro on my previous 2009 crf450r but the exp is far better in terms of not stalling, sudden acceleration cough and flame out.

I,ve had the rekluse exp on my 2010 rmz450 for a good 9 months so far and its worked perfectly. Im still on the original clutch plates and ride this bike exclusively on mx tracks.

I find it better to kickstart in neutral, select first gear with the clutch lever, and then forget about it, even when doing brake slides into tight corners

I had the rekluse pro on my previous 2009 crf450r but the exp is far better in terms of not stalling, sudden acceleration cough and flame out.

Thanks for the input! So the 09 CRF450 stalls easily and the EXP does not fix that issue. You have no stalling issues with your 10 RMZ450 with the EXP (going slow blip the throttle on a little then off quickly..). Also does the EXP freewheel much on the moto track? I never really felt any freewheeling into corners on the 09 CRF450 or 10 YZ450 EXP bikes I rode. I was very impressed with the EXP and it made going really slow in the tight stuff (woods) super easy...seemed to make the 450's so easy to ride I am not sure why more people were not using the EXP (of course they are very expensive). Anything to watch out for installing one on the RMZ450?