Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400s forks vs. DRZ400e forks

Are the springs and valving exactly the same between the DRZ400s forks and DRZ400e forks?

Spring rates are different in 02 and later S forks to E forks.. Valving may or may not be the same,, as both need adjustment for most uses, I never lined up one shim stack against the other. I'm sure I have a shim index of both in my notes someplace,, if it's important.

Is the difference enough to possibly take the place of a professionly done revalving?

Yesterday I was riding offroad when my current s model forks dove down drastically and started clanging really bad. I currently only have these forks set up with aftermarket springs, but had planned on having them revalved in the future. I have the option of buying a nice set of 07' KLX400 (enduro model) forks for about $300.00. If they were a decent improvement compared to my currently valved forks I might go that route and someday get my other forks worked on and then have a spare set.

Well, first off there is no such thing as an '07 KLX400.....and then, $300 is a little steep for used DRZ S or E forks, unless they are uber perfect, revalved, resprung, freshly serviced and with billet clamps.....