Lost Dog - Please pass along....

I know this is a long shot, but I am desperate. We are camping at Rasor rd. OHV, just south of Baker Ca. Our Brittany spaniel "Brandy" wandered out of camp last night, and has not been seen since. We are about 6 or 7 miles in on Rasor rd, from the I-15 frwy.

if anyone is in the area, or can help get the word out, I would really appreciate it.

our cells are 714-225-7346 or 714-496 0663

thanks,

Ron and Suzanne

Here is the update from today....

Hi, this is Suzanne, typing for Ron,

Just thought we'd update.

We are heading home, but we are not giving up yet. We spent most of the daylight hours combing with campsite and a large area around it, but still did not find Brandy. The kids were troopers helping us search in the wind and cold without any complaints.

Ron is heading back later to be back at the campsite in the morning to continue the search. We have a lead/hunch we're going to follow. We are desperate to find Brandy and just can't give up on her yet (unfortunately the kids' schools and my job for a lost dog days off).

Please keep the good wishes coming.

thanks

Suzanne, for Ron

Picture of Brandy

IMG_7937.jpg

I'm hoping she shows up for you, I know what a family member they become. I've spent the night out in the mountains and made a 7 hour trip home from hunting to look for our dogs. Both times I was so mad at the dogs for wandering off, but so thankful when I found them. Here's to hoping someone has her and just can't get a hold of you.....but will:thumbsup:

from my buddy Ron 5 minutes ago.....

Hi all, thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. We got home about an hour ago, and I have switched trailers, and am about to finish loading my quad in. waiting for Suzanne to get back from store with bacon hotdogs, etc. to just let cook, and hopefully cast a good scent.

I'll be heading out tonight sometime, but will keep you all informed.

Thanks again to EVERYONE how helped look for her on Sat. night, and thanks again to everyone who has us in there thoughts.

pulling out of there tonight was the hardest thing you can imagine doing. Suzanne was in tears saying she felt like she was leaving her baby out there to die.

I can't let that happen.

She's got to know that I will do everything in my power to bring Brandy home.

I know it may seem crazy or extreme to some, but thats fine too.

We love our dogs, as any pet owner does, and Brandy has consoled me many times when noone else new the right things to say.

She is part of the family, and she is one of my best friends.

I love my dog, and I want her home.

Did she have her collar on ? Did you call the local ranger, animal control, authorities ?

I wish you the very best of luck ! My little girl said a prayer for you last night. She started crying when she heard my wife and I talking about it.

Please keep us up to date.

GOOD LUCK !

x2 ! Dog lovers are just good people... wishing you the best ! ?

Seems like now that they have us all concerned about the dog and we never get an update. ? We had some people come over to our camp on Saturday after Thanksgiving and ask us if we had seen their dog. It seems that their Boxer walked away from camp in the morning and had been gone all day. Last year some people came over to our camp and ask us if we had seen their Chihuahua. I am afraid that once the dog is gone it becomes desert prey so people should do a better job of keeping the dogs contained.

I'm just hoping that they are so happy to have the dog home they forgot to provide an update . . . which would kinda suck for us animal lovers. But I understand that if the outcome was not positive, they are dealing with grief and responding to these threads would be extremely painful. I really hope this works out for the best.

I hate reading these stories and hope you find the dog.

If anything comes out of this positive,its most dogs will hang around 99.9% of the time but all it takes is that one instance where the dog is spooked or cant find its way back, goes chasing after a rabbit or whatever and they are gone. I always leave my dog on a long leash just in case. I will deal with the hassle of a leash rather than my dog getting lost in the dez and possilby perishing out there. That is one thing I have learned from dog training. It just is not worth it letting them roam freely.

Again, I hope you find her or someone else does and she is returned safe. Please keep us updated.

There are services that you can hire where they bring in tracking dogs to find lost pets. If your interested I can get you in contact with them. A friend of mine did this when thier dog got out in the city and they have a pretty decent return recovery rate from what i recall. not sure on the price. my friends dog was recovered but through signs in the area and the tags identifying the dog.

SOMETIMES... and MORE OFTEN than you might think do-gooders really aggravate the process. They find a dog. They take it home thinking it would be cruel to drop it at the local dog pound... so the owner has NO CHANCE of recovery.

If you ever find a dog in the desert or in town... take it to the LOCAL authority where you found it. DON'T TAKE IT HOME AND TORTURE THE OWNERS. If you don't want the dog destroyed you can always leave your name and the pound will let you take the dog after the real owners have had a chance to recover it.

Bottom-line take the dog to the pound nearest where you found it... DO NOT TAKE IT OUT OF THE AREA... OR TO YOUR HOME.

Give the owners a chance to find it. It may even have a chip.

There id an update on the D37 Site. Quick summary is that the dog has not been found.

http://district37ama.org/forums/showpost.php?p=528173&postcount=36

Thanks I was just coming over to update. Ron is friend of mine and I posted this up on as many forums as I could to get the word out. Thanks for all the replys:thumbsup:

I will update if I hear anything else asap......