Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else think the IMS 3.2gal LR tank's reserve is too large?

I fitted an IMS 3.2gal long range tank to me 450x a few months ago. Its great! Ive only filled it up a couple times. But Im finding the reserve is too large?

I thought I'd get a bit further before I need to change it to reserve. & It just seems like a bit of a waste, cause when I hit reserve I usually go fill it up straight away. But it looks like there is still a heap of fuel in the bottom of the tank.

Has anyone modified the reserve spout filter thingy inside the tank to run lower to reserve?

Possible? or not?

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Paul.

I don't use or depend on reserve, i.e. I run on the reserve setting all the time. Since the tank is transparent, the gas level can be easily checked at any time. If or when you run out of gas on reserve you can lay the bike over on its left side to access the quart or so of gas available on the right side of the tank bottom.

I don't use or depend on reserve, i.e. I run on the reserve setting all the time. Since the tank is transparent, the gas level can be easily checked at any time. If or when you run out of gas on reserve you can lay the bike over on its left side to access the quart or so of gas available on the right side of the tank bottom.

OHHHH Wow! What a Damn good Idea!!

Cheers mate!! :thumbsup:

I will now do that too! :blah:

+1 on reserve all the time. My rides aren't long enough to need to know when I am running low. Plus if I am at the track I only put a half gallon or so in to get a round a moto or two.