Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina Best places to ride in the Greenville SC area?

As the title states, I'm looking for the best places to ride within 2 hours of Greenville SC. I'm from Indiana but I'm planning a trip down to visit some family in January and I'm thinking of hauling the bike down to get some riding in. I'd prefer challenging places that are large enough to stay entertained all day. I've been figuring on a day at SC Adventure World but what's story with Brushy or Brown mountain riding areas in NC? I see a lot of posts of people planning rides there. Any info will be appreciated.

Is anyone interested in showing a Hoosier around your choice riding spots? It sure would be nice to hook up with a couple of you locals to ride with while I'm there, otherwise I'll be riding solo.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Adventure world is a big place, but it's also a junkyard of mudpits and 4-wheeler trails. Brushy is probably your best bet.

If you like trails, Parson's Mountain is only 90 minutes from Greenville in SC. TNT is 2 hours from Greenville in SC.

Brush Mountain is 2 1/2 hours from Greenville in NC.

Durhamtown and Broad River are only 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Greenville in Georgia.

If you like MX 101mx is right outside of Greenville but only open at certain times. Same with Iron City.

Ivan

brushy and brown are further away than 2 hours but worth the ride if you catch them on a good day in jan. There is also Man-Chester OHV that is a blast and a half of sand riding.

Brown closes on Jan 1st. and reopens on Apr. 1st.

Ditto for Parson's Mtn., Cedar Ridge, and Enoree.

I live right outside Greenville and recently went to Broad River and can give the single track and the HS loop there a big thumbs up! Have heard rumors that the landowners have been unsuccessfully trying to sell that property and the guy who operates it (Zach I believe) might not have his lease renewed after Dec. 31........ If it is open in Jan. and depending on weather, I might be up for a trip there. About 1 1/2 hrs. from Greenville. Also, recently went to Durhamtown for single track only - it was my 3rd time and we spent all our time chasing poorly to non-existent arrows and lost buddies so doubt I will go back there. We had had this trouble to some degree from earlier trips but this time it was a joke if we hadn't spent so much money!

Hey Grayfox.

What is Broad River? I am not familiar with this place, but I would love to find some more ST riding close to Greenville.

Hey Grayfox.

What is Broad River? I am not familiar with this place, but I would love to find some more ST riding close to Greenville.

Just south of Elberton Ga.

http://www.broadriveradventurepark.com/

Drop me a pm so I don't forget the name and if I get back down that way maybe I can give you a tour and save you some time finding your way around.

if you want, PM me i'll show you some choice riding areas around here i ride every weekend and know some awesome spots

get on broad river while you can, the land has been sold and the new owners probably arent going to renew the lease! I was out there this past weekend and it was awesome!

Thanks everyone for the info. It sounds like a lot of the places close down for the winter. I'll do some researching on the places you suggested.

if you want, PM me i'll show you some choice riding areas around here i ride every weekend and know some awesome spots

Sounds great. I won't even know the actual dates for about 3 weeks but when I know more I'll PM you the info.