rmx guys a few questions for ya

ok, so i have a 98, and i love it,

BUT

the other day while riding a young boy came up and asked what year the bike was (i was at a park with 60 to 70 bikes running around) i told him a 98,

and

he said "ya it looks old"

so riddle me this rmx guys, has anyone tried to update our 90's model plastic to a more recent look? or would the non u.s. plastics bolt up if we could find them?

i love this bike and can live with the looks, but i wont lie a newer style would be wonderful.

if you know of a swap that has been done please let me know.

thanks

catfish

I do get a lot of good comments on my '97...."an RMX..I had one of those..I loved that bike" whenever I show up at a Turkey Run or Enduro.

I was thinking about updating the look of it, I think newer style RM front and rear fenders and change the fork bellows out for some Seal-Savers might make it look about 10 years newer and it would save the original parts for when I want to retire it and mount it on the wall of my garage.

You could maybe install a newer front fender, not with anything newer than an '01 because the color changed slightly, and then there's always graphics or a new headlight and a custom seat cover. The biggest change would be the forks, and I'm not so sure that I would do that. The conventional forks of that era were pretty good.

But to make it "look" more modern the USD forks from a '95 or older RMX would make it look newer. Or even a set of USD's off of a '99 or newer RM250. But no matter what, plan on needing new springs and valves if you go with RM forks as they will be over damped for woods use.