3 Turns Out ??????????

I have a 06 CRF 250X I just got running after it had been sitting since March 2008.

Had problems starting & idling

Had the carb cleaned, but still had problems keeping it running, Then flushed the tank to rid if of any dirt & dust. Put an inline fuel filter on too.

I now realize the fuel screw needed to be turned out more BUT the only way I can get it to keep running & idling properly is taking the fuel screw out to 3 tuns out. is this ok?? Or should the jetting be changed?

What recommendations do you have?

Here are the bike specs

06 CRF 250X

JD Jetting Kit

#158 Main Jet

# 42 Pilot Jet

Needle Clip Position is 5th from top

fuel screw 3 turns out

Engine & Performance Mods

Quick shot APC

Air Box Mod

Pink Wire Mod

White Bro E2 W 250 R Header

Smog block off kit

S1 Hot Cam

If the fuel screw is at 3 turns out, use a one size larger pilot jet and try again (I think that would be a 45 PJ).

Your pilot jet is clogged. You probably do not need a larger, just a new one the same size you currently have.

Your pilot jet is clogged. You probably do not need a larger, just a new one the same size you currently have.

I think you might be right, because it has been sitting so long it's probably clogged :thumbsup:

I hired a mechanic to do a complete carb cleaning, I also flushed and cleaned the tank to make sure it did not keep getting clogged if that was the problem. I also inspected it last night, seams like its clean to me.

Im not so sure its still clogged.

Can you clarify for me the pilot jet is the one way up inside the float bowl? the hardest one to get to.

FrankV are you saying the next jet size from what I have (a 42) is a 45? Dose it not go in single increments?

FrankV are you saying the next jet size from what I have (a 42) is a 45? Dose it not go in single increments?

The pilot jet is the long one, besides the main jet, with the small holes in the side:

viewofalljets.jpg

It is not always clear whether it is clogged or not (there might just be a film on the inside).

I would get a new 42 and one larger (yes, I believe the next is a 45, it doesn't go in single increments).

Frank Thanks for clearing that up Ill give it a shot.

As far as turns out the original set up on jetting with a 42 was 1 3/4 turns out for fuel screw. Dose this sound right? Also if I do go to a 45 what should the fuel screw be.

Thanks

thanks frank