Sign in to follow this  

tools tools tools!

what kind of tools do you guys carry on a ride or recommend to carry?

I personally carry the following

8,10,12,14 metric wrenches and an axle wrench

1/4" drive 8,10,12,14 metric sockets, spark plug socket and a ratchet

small allen wrench set

med size flathead/phillips screwdriver

needle nose pliers and dikes

Electrical tape

zip ties

All of this can easily fit in a small front fender mount tool bag.

what are those tools usually needed for?

chain, levers..?ect?

what are those tools usually needed for?

chain, levers..?ect?

nearly everything on your dirtbike that could possibly break on a trail could be fixed with that list , given that you have the replacement to go with it :thumbsup:

I personally carry the following

8,10,12,14 metric wrenches and an axle wrench

1/4" drive 8,10,12,14 metric sockets, spark plug socket and a ratchet

small allen wrench set

med size flathead/phillips screwdriver

needle nose pliers and dikes

Electrical tape

zip ties

All of this can easily fit in a small front fender mount tool bag.

this plus a full tube changing kit. safety wire. strong painkillers, compression wrap, and a personal locator beacon.

Carry three 8" tire irons a spare tube, spare valve cores as well. Instead of the third tire iron, you can carry the motion pro tire bead holder tool. Then, as you do basic maintenance on your bike throughout the year, keep the most common tools in a small pouch. This way, you aren't wondering what to carry.

in my bag there is usually a sandwich and a juicebox :thumbsup: and maybe a cellphone if it can fit

I carry a tire repair kit, spare 21 inch tube, 1/4 in drive ratchet with 8,10,12,14mm socket, pliers, dykes, spark plug, spark plug/axle wrench, toilet paper and zip ties!!!! Out of all those tools I have used the poop paper the most! and almost forgot an extra master link for the chain!

Edited by ziegler408

Also a tow rope, had to tow 2 bikes out myself.

XR250 that detinated and a WR450 that snapped a chain.

dont carry tools...found if you prepare your ride right....usually dont have a prob...if not I am riding with someone else that can give me a ride out...

dont carry tools...found if you prepare your ride right....usually dont have a prob...if not I am riding with someone else that can give me a ride out...

My bikes always well maintained and prepared but shit happens. went riding a couple months ago and smashed my exhaust onto a rock outcrop. Bent it into my radiator hose and burned a hole in it. Had all the tools to take the pipe off, bent it back out a bit then taped up my radiator hose and filled it with bottled water. I was 15 miles down a rocky single track. NO WAY I was leaving my bike there. Carrying tools is always a good idea if going long distances into an area that a truck cant reach you.

So what are you saying... The best thing to ride with is a friend to give you a ride out. In this case, do you consider your friend to be the tool.

this sounds like a really bad attitude to take.

98% of the time, you don't need your tools. But when you do, you should have them. Nothing would piss me off more (for example) than being on a long trail ride with a guy who's bike needs a minor repair and he doesn't have a 13mm socket (which I don't carry cause Yamaha's don't use them).

If you ride with me, then you'd better pack a lunch, cause you'll be waiting til I finish my ride before I come back for you.

if you ride a honda you wont need to carry tools

with my old 07 cr125 i had i would need to take like 3 plugs to last the day (yes i know jetting was way fat) and with my 06 yz250 i have it jetted so i know it dosnt foul and my yz has never let me down while trail riding its been a solid bike

that was unnecessary

anyone who doesn't carry tools on the trail is (a) either a retard or (:thumbsup: more retarded....

" an ounce of prevention is better than 10 lbs of cure"...just a thought

haha.. got it! looks like i'm going to start learning how to fix things on the trail! (hopefully i don't ever have to bust out the tools on the trail)

dont be retarded, if you get a flat tire on the trails, tell your friends "i didnt bring any tools because its a honda"

I love seeing those guys on the side of the trail with their bike laying there with a flat, you stop and ask what's wrong...."aww man I got a flat..as I look at their bike I see no tool bag on the fender, I just shake my head and say good luck buddy..sometimes ya just gotta learn the hard way!