Sign in to follow this  

Shim Restackor Help

I've recently downloaded the Pro version of Shim Restackor, and I've got to say its a great program.

However I'm having a little problem with the Midvalve spreadsheet. Every time I try and load the combined analysis output I get an error saying "C:\Restackor\Work_dir\Midvalve\Midvalve.csv could not be found." I've had a look the the Macros and best I can work out the problem isn't there. The code is just not generating the file for some reason.

I've tried reloading the files with no sucess. I'm running it on Vista using the [ctrl][shift][delete] startup. Has anyone encountered this problem or have a possible solution?

In the demo you can only run a single valve, base or mid. :thumbsup:

You can't run the combined base/mid-valve configuration of the cavitation calculations.

Are you running the free demo or something else?

Sorry I have bought the pro licence, I guess I worded it badly.

Clicked has been very helpful and PM'd me with some suggestions, but so far I have been unsuccessful. I've run the code through the command prompt and got the message:

endfile: truncation failed in endfile

apparent state: unit 8 named C:/restackor/work_Dir/stack.out

last format: list io

lately writing sequential formatted external IO

abnormal program termination

It seems like the program is terminating before it can output the midvalve.csv data. Creating the file manualy just means that excel loads a blank worksheet.

Revival of an old thread. I just purchased the Pro licence for the shim restackor program and I'm having identical issues. I'm also running Vista. The email listed here is no longer active and I can't find any way of contacting restackor admin for help.

Was this issue ever resolved?

Revival of an old thread. I just purchased the Pro licence for the shim restackor program and I'm having identical issues. I'm also running Vista. The email listed here is no longer active and I can't find any way of contacting restackor admin for help.

Was this issue ever resolved?

I have no issues. Can you upload your excel file somewhere so one of us can look at it? The email I always use to contact them is the one on their paypal account.

Edited by kan3

I have no issues. Can you upload your excel file somewhere so one of us can look at it? The email I always use to contact them is the one on their paypal account.

Thanks I've sent an email asking for any advice.

I'm using Vista SP2 and Office 2010. I've gone through Excel and enabled macros etc. The code runs fine when I run the BV and MV tabs seperately and loads the output graphs fine. When I use the MV anaylsis in the plots tab however it does appear to run the code but when I attempt to load the output data I get the "midvalve.csv file could not be found".

Interestingly when I load vista using the Start -> excel [shift][ctrl][enter] method the ukey is different to then if I just double click on the re-stackor spreadsheets and run them like that. The ukey that is registered pro version is the one that opens by double clicking the excel files from within restackor. Is this normal?

Re uploading the excel file so it can be looked at, any suggestions where I can upload it to?

Thanks