Sign in to follow this  

Washington NOVA funds at risk again

The legislature is looking at stealing our NOVA funds again.

If they hold a special session this month, your offroad vehicle funds will be at risk.

It is time to contact your State Senator and both House of Representatives members.

If you don’t know who they are, go to www.leg.wa.gov

Here is an example message:

+++++

Dear xxx,

Please DO NOT redistribute funds intended for the Non Highway and Offroad Vehicle Activities account AGAIN!

In 2009 the legislature took all of these funds and gave them to State Parks where none of those funds benefited offroad vehicle recreation in any way.

This account was created when offroad vehicle users volunteered to waive their legal right to a fuel tax refund in exchange for a self-directed state account to provide funding for programs that benefited offroad vehicle activities.

These same citizens volunteered to have their license tab fees increased so long as those monies were also placed in the Non Highway and Offroad Vehicle Activities (NOVA) account.

To redirect the funding away from the NOVA account again would be nothing short of stealing from the very same citizens that willing gave the state their hard earned money

Speechless and angered...Done...

They never replied last year with the same message...cowards.

Tod - Are the NOVA funds only from ORV tags? If nobody buys tags next year (I'm not), there is no money to "redistribute".

About $1.5M a year from ORV permits and $3M a year from gas tax.

Couldn't help myself, I thru in the Golden Rule.

"I believe that the state of washington has a huge spending problem. I recently had an experience with overspending. I found myself $30k in debt with a part-time job and a loss of my other source of income and I had to cut back, I had to quit paying for extras, I had to only live on the bare minimum, after 3 years I was debt free. I think our state can tighten its belt like this and I don't think that taking funds from those that pay their own way is the right thing to do. As my momma said treat others as you want to be treated, would you want your bank to take your savings account and give it to your neighbor because they felt that your neighbor needed the money more than you?? I don't think you would. "

Each one has a letter in their email box as we speak...

For what it is worth:

1st Legislative District

Senator Rosemary McAuliffe -Democrat

Representative Al O'Brien - Position 1, Democrat

Representative Luis Moscoso - Position 2, Democrat

Tod, how do normal people ever find out about this stuff? Just wondering, If it weren't for you they would get away with this stuff without any fuss. I think make a stink, in fact I am going to send more letters on behalf of my friends and family.... If you have recently moved and are not registered to vote in your new district yet can you still send letters to your new district legislators.

Each one has a letter in their email box as we speak...

For what it is worth:

1st Legislative District

Senator Rosemary McAuliffe -Democrat

Representative Al O'Brien - Position 1, Democrat

Representative Luis Moscoso - Position 2, Democrat

same rep's for me. they completely ignored my letters last time and probably will again, but i will be pestering them all session!!:thumbsup:

Joe

same rep's for me. they completely ignored my letters last time and probably will again, but i will be pestering them all session!!:thumbsup:

Joe

Yeah I don't expect much.... maybe we can drop by their offices?

Yeah I don't expect much.... maybe we can drop by their offices?

Ohhh COME ON!!!! I used their website!

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

al.obrien@leg.wa.gov

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent a message to all of the following today:

36th District Legislators

Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles - Democrat

Representative Reuven Carlyle - Position 1, Democrat

Representative Mary Lou Dickerson - Position 2, Democrat

They all voted for the NOVA theft in 2009. We'll see if I get a response this time around.

Done. This beginning to get old. We're getting our land taken AND our money taken. Something gotta give here, and soon.:thumbsup:

Strange how all of the people that voted for that bill are also the same people who have been trying for years to pass bills that ban firearms.

The legislature is looking at stealing our NOVA funds again.

If they hold a special session this month, your offroad vehicle funds will be at risk.

Tod, besides common sense and knowing what kind of horse thieves run the government do you have a basis in fact that this is going to happen?

Tod, how do normal people ever find out about this stuff?

I dunno - I haven't been normal for a long time :thumbsup:

If you have recently moved and are not registered to vote in your new district yet can you still send letters to your new district legislators.

You can always contact any of them any time.

I do.

If you use the website and live out of district you might get ignored.

You have a better chance with regular email.

Even better with mail or personal visits.:blah:

Tod, besides common sense and knowing what kind of horse thieves run the government do you have a basis in fact that this is going to happen?

State Parks has been requested to propose an operating budget that does not include general budget funds.

Their preliminary response is to rely primarily on existing user fees, new user fees and NOVA funds.

Edited by tod701
spellin'

So the DNR will ask for $40 from me for a user fee to make up for the $$ that will get stolen from NOVA to support the State Parks I don't use, thereby reducing the user fees for those that DO use those parks.

Oh, and remind me, didn't the legislature pass some kind of resolution saying that I'm wrong, that I actually do use the State Parks in support of ORV recreation, therefore using NOVA funds there makes perfect sense? If you have that resolution number off the top of your head, remind me, and I'll try Kagi again. As far as I know, though, her email inbox is a black hole.

If you have that resolution number off the top of your head, remind me,

2010 Senate Bill SB6444, Section 924:

The legislature finds that the appropriation of funds from the NOVA account during the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium for maintenance and operation of state parks and or to improve accessibility for boaters and off-road vehicle users at state parks will benefit boaters and off-road vehicle users

If you're on Facebook you should friend your reps. I have and noticed all they do is drive from one special interest luncheon/dinners to another...with a few real pieces of work thrown in from time-to-time.