NOVA funds at risk again

If the Governor and State Legislature are failing to upload their Constitution requirement to provide basic education pursuant to Article IX, then maybe the WEA and other teacher organizations should reconsider which politicians that they support. Furthermore, a lawsuit against the State can be brought anytime they chose to ignore their Constitutional obligations.

While the education situation is dire, please keep in mind that it is a completely separate issue. None of your ORV funds are going anywhere near education, they are all going to State Parks to facilitate the recreation of people that didn’t pay a dime of those funds.

You asked if we were pissed and I answered, simple as that. Well aware of all issues.

The Washington state projected budget was $37 billion dollars for 2011. They cut $5 billion and ended up with a $32 billion budget with thier so called "cuts". 2010 budget was $30 billion. Explain to me their cuts. To me it looks like a spending increase of $2 billion dollars

$2 billion dollars = 2000 million!

The Washington state projected budget was $37 billion dollars for 2011. They cut $5 billion and ended up with a $32 billion budget with thier so called "cuts". 2010 budget was $30 billion. Explain to me their cuts. To me it looks like a spending increase of $2 billion dollars

$2 billion dollars = 2000 million!

Olympia math.

Happened last year too :excuseme:

The Democrats have made their Ways and Means Committee member assignments.

These legislators need to hear from YOU.

An example email below.

Please customize it or write your own and send.

Senate Democrat Ways and Means Committee member email addresses:

murray.edward@leg.wa.gov

kilmer.derek@leg.wa.gov

conway.steve@leg.wa.gov

hatfield.brian@leg.wa.gov

fraser.karen@leg.wa.gov

keiser.karen@leg.wa.gov

kohl-welles.jeanne@leg.wa.gov

pridemore.craig@leg.wa.gov

Regala.Debbie@leg.wa.gov

rockefeller.phil@leg.wa.gov

tom.rodney@leg.wa.gov

House Democrat Ways and Means Committee member email addresses:

hunter.ross@leg.wa.gov

darneille.jeannie@leg.wa.gov

hasegawa.bob@leg.wa.gov

carlyle.reuven@leg.wa.gov

cody.eileen@leg.wa.gov

dickerson.marylou@leg.wa.gov

haigh.kathy@leg.wa.gov

hudgins.zack@leg.wa.gov

hunt.sam@leg.wa.gov

kagi.ruth@leg.wa.gov

kenney.phyllis@leg.wa.gov

ormsby.timm@leg.wa.gov

pettigrew.eric@leg.wa.gov

seaquist.larry@leg.wa.gov

springer.larry@leg.wa.gov

sullivan.pat@leg.wa.gov

++++

Please DO NOT redistribute funds intended for the Nonhighway and Offroad Vehicle Activities account AGAIN!

In 2009 the legislature took all of these funds and gave them to State Parks where none of those funds benefited offroad vehicle recreation in any way.

This account was created when offroad vehicle users volunteered to waive their legal right to a fuel tax refund in exchange for a self-directed state account to provide funding for programs that benefited offroad vehicle activities.

These same citizens volunteered to have their license tab fees increased so long as those monies were also placed in the Non Highway and Offroad Vehicle Activities (NOVA) account.

To redirect the funding away from the NOVA account again would be nothing short of stealing from the very same citizens that willing gave the state their hard earned money.

Can you explain to me why the Legislature finds it acceptable to give the funds I provided to State Parks where I receive zero benefit? Are the people that recreate at State Parks more worthy of the money that I provided to and entrusted the State with than I am?

I look forward to receiving a reply and hearing your thoughts on this issue.

Done. I will be snail-mailing hardcopies on Monday as well.

If anyone wants the postal address list see the link below. I posted it to my Google Docs account.

Ways_And_Means_Comm.txt

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0NZhV2Gz_-oNjU1NzA2ZDgtZGRkYy00N2Y3LWJjOGEtNjI3MzI4MGQ5YTYw&hl=en&authkey=CLDv7YME

Edited by Dave250
Add link

• 2 weeks later...

On January 13th, the House General Government Appropriations Committee will be holding a work session where this topic will be brought up.

Please let the members of the committee know what you think about ripping off your ORV funds.

The committee member email addresses:

mccune.jim@leg.wa.gov

armstrong.mike@leg.wa.gov

ahern.john@leg.wa.gov

taylor.david@leg.wa.gov

wilcox.jt@leg.wa.gov

blake.Brian@leg.wa.gov

darneille.jeannie@leg.wa.gov

fitzgibbon.joe@leg.wa.gov

miloscia.mark@leg.wa.gov

pedersen.jamie@leg.wa.gov

vandewege.kevin@leg.wa.gov

Taking away our 'lever arm'...

Their solution is to ignore that we are the ONLY self-funded recreational activity in the state. Maybe we'll go away.

NOT!

Have ya ever been a 'curve spoiler'...you know, the kid in the class that gets 100 when everyone else gets between 40-60?

The 40-60 kids wanna take you out.

Correction!

NOVA and ORV Funds should be over 9 Million total! Seems some is missing based on below......

ORV and or NOVA fund these lines in the document

Section 303 -State Parks

Page 44 Line 21 127,000

Section 304 Recreation and Conservation Funding Board

Page 45 Line 13 451,000

Section 307 Dept of Fish and Wildlife

Page 46, Line 7 204,0000

Section 308 Dept of Natural Resources

Page 49 Line 25 4,459,000

Page 50 Line 4 657,000

Section 312 Dept of Conservation and Recreation

Page 54, Line 27 291,000

Edited by trailwhale

Correction!

NOVA and ORV Funds should be over 9 Million total! Seems some is missing based on below......

ORV and or NOVA fund these lines in the document

Section 303 -State Parks

Page 44 Line 21 127,000

Section 304 Recreation and Conservation Funding Board

Page 45 Line 13 451,000

Section 307 Dept of Fish and Wildlife

Page 46, Line 7 204,0000

Section 308 Dept of Natural Resources

Page 49 Line 25 4,459,000

Page 50 Line 4 657,000

Section 312 Dept of Conservation and Recreation

Page 54, Line 27 291,000

The $4M that the DNR gets is off the top, persuant to RCW 46.09.170(2)(a).

WDFW appropriate is off the top, persuant to RCW 46.09.170(2)(?.

State Parks off the top cut is persuant to RCW 46.09.170(2)©.

There is still over $9M that went poof.

That is the money that would have been appropriated persuant to RCW 46.09.170(2)(d).

Agree that the majority of the money is just plain gone.....shasham into thin air -wonder where it went and how it went there without legislative direction.... I know that my district will be silent in response to inquires......as it appears that I am the only ORV person in the entire 48th district at least per the 3 legislators:bonk:

Thanks for the research!

On a slightly positive note, I am much more agreeable to $127K to State Parks and $4.5M to DNR. At least there is some ORV activity going on at DNR.

Unfortunately that is just the amounts perscribed by existing law (RCW 46.09.170) and are same as previous budgets.

That said, even those appropriations could come under attack if we are viewed as weak.