best pipe

Honda

Who has a pipe (full system) on their 400EX and what are your opinions?

And I don't mean FMF or Pro Circuit I mean a real pipe that actually works :thumbsup:

I have a yoshimura full titanium exhaust system on my 400 and I like it but its not a 400ex

Big Gun, Two Brothers are both good as well.

Well instead ov investing in a $600 pipe I bought a $8.99 sprocket and I'll see if I need a pipe after that :thumbsup:

Who has a pipe (full system) on their 400EX and what are your opinions?

And I don't mean FMF or Pro Circuit I mean a real pipe that actually works :thumbsup:

Well, to bad.....FMF PowerBomb header and Factory 4.1 muffler! EHS Racing airbox lid and ProDesign (ProFlow) air filter.

Really...I always thought FMF didnt make too good pipes for 4 strokes...

Really the slip ons are for people looking for better sound IMO

I have run FMF on everything, since probably before you were born. Loved them all!

Edited by reconranger

Really? I've only heard bad about them compared to brands like CT Racing, DMC, HMF (to an extent), Big Gun, Motoworks, etc...

the best pipe you can buy is either a loney tune complete dual exhaust (adds around 10 hp) or a ct racing full exhaust (adds around 8-10 hp)

the best pipe you can buy is either a loney tune complete dual exhaust (adds around 10 hp) or a ct racing full exhaust (adds around 8-10 hp)

Haha I love it when people throw out numbers like that. A stock 400ex has right about 27hp. You really think any exhaust in the world is going to give you 10hp? Thats almost a 40% HP gain! Your crazy if you believe when people or companies tell you numbers like that. A 400ex with a 426 stroker motor, camshaft, high compression piston AND a good exhaust will put out around 40hp which is about the same gains your saying you get from just a pipe lol.

A GOOD pipe can give you about 2-3hp MAX when the bike is properly tuned for it. Which aint bad when you consider is a 5-10% HP increase.

well you have to give and take a few hp...i have a suzuki z400 and i have it bore kit to a 434cc stage two hotcams, edelbrock carb, open air box, and a ct racing full exhaust and im getting almost 60 hp out of a 30 hp stoke motor

well you have to give and take a few hp...i have a suzuki z400 and i have it bore kit to a 434cc stage two hotcams, edelbrock carb, open air box, and a ct racing full exhaust and im getting almost 60 hp out of a 30 hp stoke motor

Id like to see a dyno chart on that. A GOOD dyno chart too, not some home made single wheel dyno. Id bet your actually making around 40.

There is a fair bit of hop up potential in this engine. You won't trun it into a fire breathing dragon, but the simple basic mods are well worth doing!

Don't mess with the motor (internally), unless it actually needs a rebuild. Once you mess with it, this engine's legendary reliability will suffer.

Ur z400 is not making 60 hp. Personally dealing with many 400ex's I would have to say the ct, lrd, curtis sparks, or yosh are all very good pipes. Just about anything will help the 400's restricted stock exhaust. Combine that with a good air filter, open air box, jetted carb, and a curtis sparks timing key and you will have a good running/stock motor 400ex!

i have a hmf sport series on my its a full exhaust bought it for 200 bucks best money i spent ye ton my bike

Sparks is the best for the 400ex, small core. Not the big core they sell on ebay...

No way bro, it takes way more work than that to hit 60hp out of the new 450s. 60hp is not an easy number to reach.

You make less power from the daul exhaust.

And Sparks is the best as far as I know.