Where do you ride in Georgia?

Georgia

The only places I've really been to are Monroe MX and Durhamtown, and I'm not so sure that Monroe will make it much longer. Anybody else know a relatively close place to ride. I'm a little North of Atlanta. Right around Winder and Buford.

Aonia Pass in Washington, GA. They have a nice MX track and woods trails too. They have a web-site too... just google it.

Moto mountain has a few tracks but mostly trails.

Prentice cooper state park in Tn., Doc Hilts trails in AL

BTW: I am looking for new riding buddies for 2011 I live in east cobb and have a 3 rail trailer just split gas and lokk out for one another

Aonia Pass in Washington, GA. They have a nice MX track and woods trails too. They have a web-site too... just google it.

They do have trails, but they aren't open except for races. They have a great track groomed friday and saturday afternoon. It's my favorite place to ride, but i live only 10 minutes away, so its kinda convenient :excuseme:

Try checking this website: www.georgiaoffroad.com

Moto mountain has a few tracks but mostly trails.

Prentice cooper state park in Tn., Doc Hilts trails in AL

BTW: I am looking for new riding buddies for 2011 I live in east cobb and have a 3 rail trailer just split gas and lokk out for one another

i live in dawsonville and i am always looking for people to ride with

Broad River. http://www.broadriveradventurepark.com/ We went once, it was OK. Better than Monroe, that's for sure, but it's not as nice as D'town or HP.

It could be that nice, though. They've got the land, they just need the time & $$$ to invest into it. It's definitely worth it if you've never been there.

Well, Broad River Adventure Park is closing. This weekend is the last days of being open. Land owners want to do something different. A shame, because the folks that were leasing it recently put in tons of singletrack, have an awsome mx track and even fun places for quads.. My son and I have been going there since it opened about 7 years ago.

talked to the owner of Broad River today, he told me that the people that were supposed to take over the land lease from the new property owners backed out and he might be able to re-open it up!!!!

-1 on Aonia, there are much much better tracks in the area, the only time its good is when they build it and prep it before the GNCC, the other times the jumps have weird lips and kicks to them, I know way to many people that have gotten injured out there just riding normally, and I have had close calls.

Durhamtown is nice, but crowded and blue-grooved and dusty on all the trails

the SX track is alot of fun (MX1)

have you looked at Highland Park Resort? there was a write up in Dirt Rider about it a few months ago. http://www.highlandparkresort.com/index.asp

+1. I live in Cleveland, TN and we make a trip down to Highland Park a lot. Also, Houston Valley OHV, located in Ringgold, outside of Tunnel Hill has some pretty good riding. Also, Windy Gap located in Eton, GA.

talked to the owner of Broad River today, he told me that the people that were supposed to take over the land lease from the new property owners backed out and he might be able to re-open it up!!!!

Durhamtown is nice, but crowded and blue-grooved and dusty on all the trails

the SX track is alot of fun (MX1)

I called Broad River today, dude said they had closed down, no mention of possible re-opening and their website has gone. Sad, that place was the BEST venue for familly riding - tons of riding for all skill levels and not overcrowded like Durhamtown.

Highland Park is cool but I won't take my little boy there yet - the trails are too steep/extreme and we'd both get bored limiting him to the peewee track.

yeah I talked to Zach this past weekend trying to get him to come out riding but he was picking up the rest of his stuff at Broad River........

bummer

it was one of the best outdoor MX tracks in the region

Highland park has a reportedly fairly new and HUUUGE mx track now. I've ridden it and also the big MX track at BR - they're both a bit much for my relative newbieness but for soemone who really likes MX tracks.... the one at Highland seemed bigger/more impressive.... I suggest you give it a go if you haven't, you might really like it - its' just past their peewee track/runs in a large clearign and snakes up the side of the mountain. You can almost see the entire track from the sidelines too so cool to get photo's/video or just entertainment watching.

I was going to check out Monroe today but with all the rain yesterday, I skipped it.. Good thing, would have been blown over..lol

I just moved down 4 weeks ago from Michigan.. Going to MOnroe this weekend!

This is a double post, sorry but I thought important enough news to get the widest distribution:

I just got word from a friend who says he thinks you can still ride at Broad River if you contact the "new owner" and make an arrangement - anyone else hear this? Anyone got a name and phone number or email for the "new owner"?