2003 YZ250 handlebar/peg set up for 6' 4'' Rider

Hi all, new to TT from across the pond, Somerset England. I've got a 2003 YZ250 and am looking for ideas to set it up as I'm quite tall and often find myself leaning forward over the bars. I wanna make it more comfortable standing up. I'm quite tall at 6'4'' and ride a track we have built quite recently. Its standard atm and I have read a lot about using OEM stainless steel footpegs? any good? I really want to lower my stance on the bike and bring the top half of my body back.

Any help will be greatly apprieciated,

Chiz

wow! im 6'4 as well. id like a bit of input on this as well. one thing i did to help me ride better(standing and sitting) was raise the bars a bit (and inch maybe 2 helps some! ) a tall seat can help as well. i have a lifted acerbis x-seat on my ktm. tall bars help as well. i have tag bars with a travis pastrana bend(travis is tall). a tall bend works about the same. also adjusting the bar mounts in the triple clamps help as well. forward or backward. just gotta find whatcha like. as far as pegs....i dont know....? input anyone??

I too have an 03 yz250 ,but only 6' . Agree with the high bars . I also have bar risers and you can update to 1 1/8 bars also with the right risers . I have had Moose stainlees steel pegs since 07 . Still perfect condition and I have been running my state series Hare Scrambles ever since . As stated {tall seat } helps . Good Luck !:thumbsup:

My buddy is 6'3" and he has KX High bars on his and a taller seat.

...I've got a 2003 YZ250 and am looking for ideas to set it up as I'm quite tall and often find myself leaning forward over the bars. I really want to lower my stance on the bike and bring the top half of my body back.
Many people like lower pegs to help feel more 'in' the bike than 'on' the bike.

The '08 and up YZ450F foot pegs are quite burly and super strong, and are a bit lower as well.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9300021#post9300021

For lowering your pegs (and moving them rearward a bit), try this trick...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=509603

Windham (or RM mid) bend bars have a bit less sweep, which helps open up the cockpit somewhat.

Good luck!

will definitely be trying out those 5xc's, what was that dead link about mate?

With the windham bars was that with risers? heard it can cause probs with the clutch cable snagging

cheers

Let me try again...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509603&highlight=

If all else fails, do a TT search for "lower pegs".

With the windham bars was that with risers? heard it can cause probs with the clutch cable snagging
Just the bars, but for taller guys, risers are probably a 'must' -- and that may introduce the need for a longer clutch cable. :thumbsup:

I put a set of XC's on my 05 YZ, big improvement in foot stability, but I think I also notice more vibration in the boots now too.

Could be a mind game though.

I could not get the "peg lower" web link above to work.

cheers

I run the windham bars with tusk bar risers on my 08' YZ and I never had a problem with the clutch cable at all

thanks for your help guys, i'm gonna try that mod with my stock pegs, get the windham bars and possibly risers and then try and source some 5xc's, i know of a breaker near by I'll see if he has some 5xc's

...I could not get the "peg lower" web link above to work.
The thread is titled "Lowering stock foot pegs (05')", by TT member cekautsky in the Husqvarna 4-Stroke forum.

He did a good job describing the mod, with lots of good pictures. :thumbsup: