Going to switch my pre-mix. Need input

I've been using maxima k2 for the past year but question its protection capability.

I'm going to switch my pre-mix, but am unsure of which pre-mix to switch to.

My two choices would be:

1. Maxima 927

2. Bel Ray H1-r

Who uses either one?

From forum posts, the maxima 927 seems to be dirty, but yet offers great protection.

My local mechanic thinks the k2 is great and only uses it in his gas gas, but he stated that the Bel Ray H1R is the most popular with the local racers.

stay with Maxima k2?

Switch to Maxima 927?

Switch to Bel Ray H1R?

i'm not a fan of any of the other pre-mix brands out there. I've done my research and narrowed it down to these two.

For those who use these, what do you like? Pro's Cons?

Edited by bskicrash1

I run klotz supertech myselff...but out of those you listed id use the 927

At the time when I had my smoker I was using castrol 2 stroke (cheap stuff) at 20:1. Bike ran awesome.

I would go with the 927. Ill keep my opinions on oil to myself.

You are right 927 is a bit dirty, but the protection is fantastic. I'll spend a few minutes cleaning the power valve and knowing that it is worth it.

I've been running the K2 myself. The 929 is a little too smoky for my tastes, and I haven't had any issues with component wear and tear

thanks. Anyone have input on the Bel-Ray H1R?

My local mechanic says that the guys who buy the 927 talk about how sweet the smell is. He also said the H1R is a clean burning synthetic similar to the k2 that i'm using.

have you considered the blendrail racing castor? its expensive but works really well.

amsoil dominator works really good never had a problem with it and I never had to clean my powervalve once. Its cheap too.

thanks, but i'm keeping it between Bel-Ray and Maxima since my local shop gives me 25% racers discount and thats what is carried.

I would say go for whichever one is cheaper. Both are quality lubricants.

The 927 does smell like the good old days of racing!!!

927 just feels right.

927 w/114 race gas is the best smell ever! i ran the H1R for a long time, then my shop switched to silkolene and i ran that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sammy_1101
      Hi Guys,
      So I recently bought a 1997 XR400. I've done some research into getting more power through some basic mods and rejetting the carbs. Though all of the ones I've found have been for post 98 XR400s so the stock carb set up is a lot different. Usually people are opening up the airbox, exhaust ect. ect. and Jetting their carbs up to 160/162 for mains around 60 ish (I think) for the pilot. However for the 97 model this is close to stock for the jets.
      So essentially what Im asking (Just to cut to the chase ) Has anyone got a 96/97 (maybe 98, not sure) XR400 and has done these similar mods, and what sort of jetting have to done as a result.
      Thanks in advanced, also its my first post so apologies if I havent done everything correctly.
    • By Jturn
      38MM Cast SmartCarb. Purchased a couple years ago for a yz250. Don't have the bike anymore, and it has been sitting around for about a year. Used, but in fine working condition. You can also purchase a different needle for different bikes, as well as rebuild kits from their website.
      Asking $250 shipped to continental United States. I can arrange other shipping options at the buyers expense.
    • By faizakhtar125
      Hey guys I just bought a bike last night. So the seller said the bike will turn on but then die. We didn't try it because it was really late at night and it was raining (seat was wet). But he said if you bump start it, it will turn on and ride. So what do you think the problem is? I just want to make sure it runs... I probably won't be able to bump start it till Saturday (rain)... It's a four stroke, and I know absolutely nothing about them. Thanks.
    • By knotduke08
      I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I have not found any options available for the new 2018 bikes. I live and work for a new Beta Dealer (Auburn Extreme Powersports) in California, and we are having a difficult time mapping the RR-S bikes for full FMF exhausts. We have tried contacting Beta Support several times for this issue to no avail, and we typically are given the runaround when transferring to techs and secretaries. From what we can gather, the FMF flash is designed for the RR bikes, but not the street-legal counterparts. Every time we try to install the FMF map onto an RR-S errors occur, and the programmer screen goes virtually blank. We have heard through the grapevine that some are using the RR maps on the RR-S with success, but we have yet to try it, even on our own bikes for fear that it will permanently erase or damage the CDI. Any and all help or suggestions regarding this topic would surely be appreciated! Thanks, Ben.