Sign in to follow this  

Where to buy parts?

Besides the TT Parts Store, where do you guys buy your OEM Suzuki parts? Know of any stores that keep a good inventory of parts and ship fast?

I need some misc. gaskets and an oil pump gear. Local Suzuki dealers are lame and it takes them forever to get anything. Ideally, I'd like to find a parts dealer that shows inventory online so I can just order what I need online and be done with it.

Thanks,

Jason

Besides the TT Parts Store, where do you guys buy your OEM Suzuki parts? Know of any stores that keep a good inventory of parts and ship fast?

I need some misc. gaskets and an oil pump gear. Local Suzuki dealers are lame and it takes them forever to get anything. Ideally, I'd like to find a parts dealer that shows inventory online so I can just order what I need online and be done with it.

Thanks,

Jason

Good luck finding a OEM dealer that stocks very much DR stuff. Mostly it will have to come from a regional warehouse. I buy my OEM stuff from Babbitts online, www.suzukipartshouse.com, or I order it from the local shop.

I'll get bashed for this but oh well... I always try to use the Stealership. I ALWAYS ask for 20-30% off, generally I get at least 20 off. The deal is I don't pay shipping. None of them have this shit in stock unless its a spark plug or lightbulb...

You can try online and use Bike Bandit or many others but I dont see any real savings when you factor in the shipping. I try to keep the bike shop open and when they see me they know I've buying something, generally that helps me get my stuff cheaper.

DONT FORGET FLEABAY! I've found some really good prices on oem parts that dealers are trying to unload, but its generally luck if I find what I need. then its shipping again.

I just looked at the Babbits Suzuki prices on a few things I bought and they seem a couple dollars cheaper. I only looked at $10 parts but maybe for big items its worthwhile?

If you have a dealership that is good, then even for a few extra $, it is worth using them. When you need them, they will still be in business. And one day you wil need a part or some help, or service in hurry before you go on a trip, etc. IF you are a regular customer, a good dealership will do what they can to help you.

Unfortunately, my local reliable, quality shop closed. So even though I live in a metropolitan area, there is not a single Suzuki dealer within 25 miles of my house that is worth a $h!%. There is a good all-brands fix-it place not far from my house, and they have had a fair number of basic parts in stock: brake pads, oil filter, spark plugs, etc. So when I can I get stuff from them. Otherwise, I order from Procycle, Kientech, and/or Bikebandit.

CheapCycleParts.com is usually good for OEM parts, fleabay and forums for used stuff, and the local stealership for oils, cleaners etc.

Thanks for the info guys. My 2001 DR650 is the first Suzuki for me. The local KTM dealer keeps a lot of parts in stock and I always support those guys when I can, but the local Suzuki/Honda/Kawi shops are really pathetic. I wish there was somewhere local to go, even if I had to drive a few miles I'd do it.