Keihin conversion

What are the proper dimensions to look for when switching to a Keihin from the Mikuni? This is for an '01 CR250. I do not want to get into a jury rigging exercise. I am a true sicko when it comes to things fitting precisely. Plug and play only. I want the 36mm in the screw on top model for better low end torque in the woods. Thanks.

The folks at carbpartswarehouse have the air striker, with screw on top, they may have dimensions. I have this carb somewhere, if I can get it I'll get some measurements posted.

PWK Carburetor Dimensions

SIZE

A B C D

33mm 42 59 91 164.3

35mm 42 59 91 163.3

36mm 46 63 91 176.6

38mm 46 63 91 171.6

39mm 46 63 91 171.6

A= Outlet diameter

B= Inlet diameter (airbox side)

C= Overall length

D= Height

Dimensions are for the LONG body Keihin PWK AirStriker with round, screw on top.

The folks at carbpartswarehouse have the air striker, with screw on top, they may have dimensions. I have this carb somewhere, if I can get it I'll get some measurements posted.

Do you have the email address for carbparts.com? I cant contact them as I dont have the proper email account by their default..

Do you have the email address for carbparts.com?

sales@carbparts.com

(216)635-1099

sales@carbparts.com

(216)635-1099

I have desert raced my 2001 Cr250r (Eric Gore/Wiseco 265 Kitted) for 2 years now and the first thing I did was ditch the POS Mikuni TMX and throw on a Keihin Airstiker which I bought (at the time) off E-bay brand new for $160. It is a slight bit fatter where it mounts to the intake and will probably require grease on the intake boot the first time. The proper way to do the conversion is to purchase the 1999 intake boot (which used this same Keihin Carb). 45 pilot, ddj needle at 2nd pos from top and 172/175 main at 2500 ft and temps 45-55 F, 1 and a quarter out on airscrew. 12 Oz flywheel weight, FMF Gnarly w/Turbine Core 2, V-force 3, Boyeson Power Valve Cover, Porting and compression brought back to factory timing/compression after overbore. The bike has hella bottom end running 14/48 gears and believe it or not we run some really tight tree and uphill sections in the Nevada MRAN series.

I have desert raced my 2001 Cr250r (Eric Gore/Wiseco 265 Kitted) for 2 years now and the first thing I did was ditch the POS Mikuni TMX and throw on a Keihin Airstiker which I bought (at the time) off E-bay brand new for $160. It is a slight bit fatter where it mounts to the intake and will probably require grease on the intake boot the first time. The proper way to do the conversion is to purchase the 1999 intake boot (which used this same Keihin Carb). 45 pilot, ddj needle at 2nd pos from top and 172/175 main at 2500 ft and temps 45-55 F, 1 and a quarter out on airscrew. 12 Oz flywheel weight, FMF Gnarly w/Turbine Core 2, V-force 3, Boyeson Power Valve Cover, Porting and compression brought back to factory timing/compression after overbore. The bike has hella bottom end running 14/48 gears and believe it or not we run some really tight tree and uphill sections in the Nevada MRAN series.

I did the conversion on mine and was going to get the 99 intake boot but noticed that the bolt pattern is way different. I did however use the 99 intake boot on the filter side and worked ok. Gives you a better seal on the box than the 02 boot. I stuck with the 02 boot on the cylinder side and have had no major issues, I did find that the bottom of the carb where the drain plug is was slightly rubbing the case filing it down helped. If I can find a longer boot on the carb side it wouldnt be an issue but dont wich years would be longer with the same bolt pattern. When I do find out I will post it because Iam sure others have ran into this as well.

i just bought a Mikuni S-8 nozzle for my 01 250r. the part was less then $14 at the honda shop. Hope to test it this weekend. My stock s-9 was alittle rich. This should make it alkot better.