Sign in to follow this  

pro moto kick stand

looking to buy a new kickstand. mine was riped off during the unadilla gncc and i have and estimate of 120 for all the new oem parts for a stock kickstand and the pro moto billet allow is 150. is it worth it? i know i dont like how the stock one wears due to the fact that where the kick stand (alloy) meets the frame wears and allows the bike to lean.

has anyone had any problems with the pro moto?

im on a 08 ktm 250xc

They're not perfect, but they're a big improvement over the stock!

You can't really use the rubber retaining thingy on the pro moto (the foot is too big). But it has a better spring mechanism then the stock, so although it's bounced around a few times in some really big hits, it hasn't been a problem.

I'll buy ProMotoBillet kickstands over any competitor... OEM included. They aren't even noticeable until you have it! WARNING: You can not lean on this stand to start your bike - YOU WILL BREAK IT - eventually. Use it for it's intended purpose and no one can beat it! :thumbsup:

Dont have one on my ktm, but I have one on my cr250 and love it. If the price difference were as close as you indicated, I would go with the PMB.

Only thing I don't like about my PMB is that its to long and makes the bike stand almost straight up.

looking to buy a new kickstand. mine was riped off during the unadilla gncc and i have and estimate of 120 for all the new oem parts for a stock kickstand and the pro moto billet allow is 150. is it worth it? i know i dont like how the stock one wears due to the fact that where the kick stand (alloy) meets the frame wears and allows the bike to lean.

has anyone had any problems with the pro moto?

im on a 08 ktm 250xc

ProMoto!!!:thumbsup:

PMB is nice, looks great too. But I didnt like that the bike stood almost straight up and it was touchy parking offroad. You needed it to be on a good surface. I've switched to TrailTec and much happier. I can park it anywhere now. Nothing like Having a rider go down and you want to help, with the PMD stand i still had to lay the bike down (unless i got lucky and found a smooth spot).

I love my PMB. I'll agree that it's a bit longer than necessary, but I can't say that I have a tough time finding suitable spot then I need it and its never tipped over on level ground or in the garage while using it. So, no real complaints.

pmb.jpg

Make sure you get the new design with the press fit pivot pin. I've not had good luck with mine and PMB basically told me I had to pay them to fix it even though they have a new design out that addresses the problem.

I ended up drilling a new locking screw in mine and using red loctite to keep it in place.

The pivot pin is now fine but the stand is wearing out pretty quicky. The aluminum is just too soft. I think it needs a piece of harder metal around the pivot pin as a bushing. Or a replaceable delrin bushing- but then you get in to rmoving the trouble pivot pin again.

I am planning to get a kickstand for my woods '10 250sx project. The PMB unit was at the top of my list and actually the only one i could find. Is there any other option? Can the xc kickstand be put on the sx?

I put a TrailTech on my 2004 200SX. $90.

It leaves the bike pretty vertical. It it really bothers me, I'll cut 1/4" off the stand.

It's so nice not to have to look for a tree or the triangle to hold up the bike.

If the newer SX's are like mine, there are no mounts for the XC kickstand.

The 2010 and 2011 250sx don't have the side stand tab on the frame the the Xc and Xcw. PMB was the only one I could find that would work on the sx.

On my 10' it worked fine after they sent a new bracket, and I ground one of the corners off the foot that was hitting the plastic.

I have one coming for my 11.