Sign in to follow this  

Merry Christmas.....to me...

I have been looking on & off for about a year. DRZ prices have fallen quite a bit in that time, so even though it has been snowing here for 3 days...I was still in "shopping mode". I wanted something un-molested & low miles. I found it on Fleabay at Nissan of Daytona. The story is that it is the dealership owners personal bike:blah:

Anyway, it's a 2007 w/1500 miles on it. Here are the cheezy fleabay pic's since I don't pick it up until this weekend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160515131167&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I will re-read the stickys fo rall the fix's/mods that need to be done. Now I only have to drive 10hrs each way to pick it up........:thumbsup:

The wife agreed on this ....only if I sell my DR350....hmmmmm

RD

I have been looking on & off for about a year. DRZ prices have fallen quite a bit in that time, so even though it has been snowing here for 3 days...I was still in "shopping mode". I wanted something un-molested & low miles. I found it on Fleabay at Nissan of Daytona. The story is that it is the dealership owners personal bike:blah:

Anyway, it's a 2007 w/1500 miles on it. Here are the cheezy fleabay pic's since I don't pick it up until this weekend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160515131167&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I will re-read the stickys fo rall the fix's/mods that need to be done. Now I only have to drive 10hrs each way to pick it up........:ride:

RD

Congrats.......Welcome to the owners gang. Now on with the modding.....:blah::banana:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Erling

That sound like a good christmas present for yourself. I just treated my self to a Revloc Dyna ring for christmas. Hopefully I will get it before christmas.

Lets hear what you other TTers are getting yourselves for chrissie.

Looks like it's great shape, decent price too, the wife knows you probably won't want to ride the 350 much now anyhow.

I bought my 2006 blue drz s new in 2005. Been a great bike, with a few mod it's even better.

It looks like a nice clean bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I was perusing the FAQ's and read that the black box under the rear fender(left) means it is a Californication Bike?

2006_suzuki_60478d6280d295f4ed4a_14.jpg

If so, any other Cali things I should be aware of?

RD

I was perusing the FAQ's and read that the black box under the rear fender(left) means it is a Californication Bike?

2006_suzuki_60478d6280d295f4ed4a_14.jpg

If so, any other Cali things I should be aware of?

RD

Dont beleive so, thats your battery the california stuff is a smog canister and is like a round tube looking thing

I have been looking on & off for about a year....

Anyway, it's a 2007 w/1500 miles on it.

I will re-read the stickys fo rall the fix's/mods that need to be done. Now I only have to drive 10hrs each way to pick it up........:thumbsup:

RD

Its like someone hijacked my account :blah: I recently got an unexpected bonus at work, and decided to replace my 1992 dr350s (kicker) that is now old enough to vote. After flirting with getting various KTMs, I rode a friend's drz400e and decided the combination of same reliability and more power than my DR was enough for me. Found a completely unmolested blue 07 with only 2850 miles on it, still has the deathwings. It looked like it had never even been ridden in the rain, let alone done a water crossing or any single track. Found one scratch on the front rim, I don't think it had ever even been on its side. Cleaned the chain and air filter, oil had been changed, and its good to go.

I have all the guards and stuff in the mail to make it more dirt-worthy, and I'll put pirelli mt-21s on it like I have on the dr350 (which is bequeathed to my brother). The FAQ has been very helpful so far. You folks rock.

Some crappy cell phone pics:

drz400_rside.JPG

drz400_fwheel.JPG

drz400_rwheel.JPG

Well now...that's an odd place for a battery...thanks. This just shows how little I really know about the "Z". I have no battery in the 350...only a capacitor.

Tim....nice looking bike........."more power" than your DR350? My 350 is a goat, the P/O bored it out & put a wiseco piston in it. Along with the pumper carb, it really has a ton of low end grunt. If my Z is even close to it I will be very happy, but I do see a pumper carb in my future, along with a SeatConcepts "tall" seat. It already has the Pro Taper Contour KX high bend bars, so it should fit my orangutan arms....uhmmmm....better.

2006_suzuki_60478d6280d295f4ed4a_7.jpg

RD

Tim....nice looking bike........."more power" than your DR350? My 350 is a goat, the P/O bored it out & put a wiseco piston in it. Along with the pumper carb, it really has a ton of low end grunt. If my Z is even close to it I will be very happy, but I do see a pumper carb in my future, along with a SeatConcepts "tall" seat. It already has the Pro Taper Contour KX high bend bars, so it should fit my orangutan arms....uhmmmm....better.

RD

Your DR sounds nice! Unfortunately mine is pretty much stock except for hand guards, bar risers and an Acerbis tank. Though kinda undersprung, it did fine for trail riding, but on the street it didn't like to do much more than about 60.

I expect to do a bit more to the DRZ, starting with rejet and 3x3 and 14t countersprocket. I'm right at the edge of too heavy for the stock spring, have to see how it does on the trail. Its so clean now, it will sorta be a shame to get it scratched and dirty.

Bike looks showroom clean. Now add a little bit of trail rash and a spash of mud and you will have a bike that was used as desighed. Mitch. Keep it on one wheel!:thumbsup:

Looks like you found a good one!:thumbsup:

I just found one last week too. So off to the DMV on Wednesday to register it. I got a 2006 DRZ with 669miles on it in good condition. It rides great and seems very easy to get comfortable on. I will be getting a better seat from Seatconcepts as well. I already talked to the owner and he definitely has the best product. He made one for my FJR1300 that works great and is the best seat I have ridden on. I have sat on several different ones and his products are the best. :blah:

Doc, it's funny how many are out there....4-5 years old with under 2K miles.

Novelties for novices? Heck mine still has the tire whiskers on both sides of the tread. I can just hear the thoughts in their head....."Oh gosh, another curve, don'tleandon'tleandon'tlean.......Whew...made it!" :thumbsup:

RD

M7,

You are right! I have looked at many listings, for sale DRZ's, with low miles. I am happy to get this one. I'm off to the DMV today to re-register and get plates for it. The old owners only registered it as a OHV so I need to bring the bike in for them to inspect it. I just hope I do not need to re-smog it because my riding buddies helped me rejet the carb last Saturday, w/Dynojet kit. That could be a PITA.

Doc, your lucky. In TN it cannot be registered for the road if the title says "off road".....period.

Now, if it goes to another state(or comes from another state) like yours where they will issue a street title for a properly equiped dirt bike, Tennessee will accept it. I guess Tn just doesn't want the time & hassle of inspecting bikes for re-titles.

I am going to start a new thread on equiping my bike for 60 trail/40 street use.....thanks for all the responses!

RD

Wish i lived in the US, looking at a 400S here in the UK and its pretty much exactly the same mileage, same year and same numbers on the price....unfortunatley its in £'s though :S

Ive already got a 400E that i use for trail riding, wanting an S too for more road travelling

Wish i lived in the US, looking at a 400S here in the UK and its pretty much exactly the same mileage, same year and same numbers on the price....unfortunatley its in £'s though :S

Ive already got a 400E that i use for trail riding, wanting an S too for more road travelling

Ouch...that's over $5 Grand here.

Can you put a Dakar or Acerbis Dual sport Kit on it & re-register it for the street?