Arenacross racing?

I haven't been able to ride ever since it got cold, and I can't take it anymore! I was thinking about doing a beginner's class arenacross race. Has anyone here been in any of the AMA Arencross races? They offer a beginners class, but I'm not sure yet if it's something I should get myself into.

What so different about it?

Ride it and youll see, I'm a pretty confident and competitive junior rider outdoors, this season so far I am riding completely over my head just to finish 5-7 on a 10 bike gate drop in the jr class. Jump's are closer together, closer to the corner's, jumping in and coming out. less space mean's less time to set up and less time to decide to go or not, for me most alway's end up for go for it, and easily ends up as a crash. Don't let what you see on the internet and tv fool you, it's a lot tougher than it looks

What he said. Tighter tighter tougher racing. Everything needs to be on point. Shifting corners etc.

I think I ran 10 lap races?

Also, if you've never hit sx whoops.... You'll freak out. I did the first time. I still do.

I am little worried about hitting the big whoops for the first time. How do you judge how hard to hit them. The tracks I ride at have little whoops nothing too big. The harder you hit the little ones the better but they are lot more forgiving. I guess I will have to figure it out in practice and by watching others