Sign in to follow this  

What brand?

Well I was wondering what pistion kit I should go with for my 08 144 SX

What brands do you all like. So far I have found Pro X

Wiseco and if I remimber correctly Vortech.

Please tell why you like or dislike the brand.

Thanks

there have been many threads on this subject lately. a quick search will yield much to read.

it's getting almost as repetitive as which oil to use. hehe :thumbsup:

Serch, thats so repetative.lol What oil should i use?

Him that's odd. I never really find much on my bike when I do a search. I get alot of other bikes but not mine.

Him that's odd. I never really find much on my bike when I do a search. I get alot of other bikes but not mine.

as far as piston's go, I would think it wouldn't matter what displacement we are talking about. You are mainly concerned about reliability and what each brand brings to the table.

I agree that there aren't many posts concerning the 144 and pistons, but information about the companies that make them and their differences in product would be relevant.

I saved that for the next time! :thumbsup:

BTW, I am running a Wiseco in my 200 that I have already replaced once. Had to put it back in after sucking some dirt, not being able to afford a new topend at the moment. 200-250 hrs and counting... :blah:

For a 2008 KTM 144, OEM shows a list price of $182. You can do better than that through the TT store if you want OEM. The Wiseco list price is $137, but it isn't the same part. Our's is forged, skirt coated, and hard coat anodized in the wrist pin bore, ring grooves, and on the dome.

For more info: http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Wiseco-KTM-144SX-150SX-Pistons.pdf

KTM144-150.jpg

For a 2008 KTM 144, OEM shows a list price of $182. You can do better than that through the TT store if you want OEM. The Wiseco list price is $137, but it isn't the same part. Our's is forged, skirt coated, and hard coat anodized in the wrist pin bore, ring grooves, and on the dome.

For more info: http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Wiseco-KTM-144SX-150SX-Pistons.pdf

KTM144-150.jpg

Hi.

Can i use wiseco ring set 2614CS for my OEM Vertex KTM 250 sx from 2003?

Hi.

Can i use wiseco ring set 2614CS for my OEM Vertex KTM 250 sx from 2003?

It is hard to say for sure without having samples of each. As a general rule, you are best using Wiseco rings with Wiseco pistons, and OEM rings with OEM pistons. There is some cross-over, but it is hard to know where/what crosses over with so many applications that we offer. :excuseme: