LPNF - Sunday - 12/12/10

California

Guys,

Let's hit the LPNF this Sunday. I'm picking Sunday as there are a few who may be interested, but are workin on Saturday.

This just may be the last run in the LPNF for the season.

I'm hoping we can do a semi technical route. gotta test out my KTM and my knee.

I wanna go up Tejon, through the rock garden. Then head UP Arrastra, across the fireroad to the tower. down Whata to Tejon. Across Tejon to Long Dave.

Down Long Dave to Lockwood. Up Lockwood to Piru. up Piru to Goldhill. sneak over to Goldhill. Up Goldhill to Tejon. and back down Tejon into the park.

Arrastra could be difficult, but fun (loose shale rock and washed out switchbacks)

Lockwood climb can get you too, but it's worth it. (torn up and rutted by jeeps)

Piru has the few obstacles (water crossing, sand, rocks, and ramp)

Who's in..?

:thumbsup::ride::blah::ride::ride:

Clear. Highs 63 to 70.

approx 50 miles

We could consider adding the Buttcrack to the route as well.

Is LPNF still open? Should we call to make sure?

I am about 90% in. I should know for sure later this week.

Is LPNF still open? Should we call to make sure?

I am about 90% in. I should know for sure later this week.

Usually they don't close until the first big snow. I will try to call tomorrow.

I think this route is a bit above my skill level . . . hopefully I'll be ready for it next season!

Hey Ron, are you sure it hasn't snowed with all that rain last night? That's what I was thinking.

I'll be in the park Saturday (probably- maybe Sunday) doing a father son ride with his new XR80 and my fresh DRZ400S. If you're around, give me a call on my cell and come say hello.

hey Bryan, if it snowed and still open, it just makes it for a slightly more difficult and fun ride. LOL.

Typical Sarge...

I just checked and the two reports said 0 " of snow, but some morning ice which I know you like anyways.

I've been riding the DRZ with knobbies on the street and it's a fun torky wheelie machine. Can't wait to ride with you after I get back from vacation after the 1st of January. I can do 100 miles on her. 4-stroke, baby.

Have a good ride...wear some light-duty ski gloves...seriously. You'll need your hands unfrozen.

Lets stage at Edison within Hungry Valley

meet at 8am

I would like to join you this Sunday. Looking forward to the challenging trails.

I would like to join you this Sunday. Looking forward to the challenging trails.

It's gonna be fun Ed..

I'd be into this one. I'll confirm later in the week.

Carpool from SB/Ventura or anywhere along the 101/126?

Hey Dirt Addict Chuck.. are you gonna join us? this is close to what you wanted to hit last weekend.

Sarge, based on your assesment of my riding last weekend, do you think I have the skills to do this ride? I have no idea what these trails are like, and don't want to end up way over my head and make potential problems for the rest of the group or myself. haha

I think I have the day free, will know in a day or two.

Sarge, based on your assesment of my riding last weekend, do you think I have the skills to do this ride? I have no idea what these trails are like, and don't want to end up way over my head and make potential problems for the rest of the group or myself. haha

I think I have the day free, will know in a day or two.

You would do great. come on out. didn't you go UP Fall? and that is more torn up than arrastra these days. besides, i'm not in a hurry. old and slow I am.

Yeah going up Fall was pretty gnarly...

I'll see if I'm free and let you guys know in the next couple days.

Fingers crossed.

Just called the ranger station. and all is still open. they expect it to still be open this weekend too.

They will stay open until a big storm rolls through. which means, it's only a matter of time...

Forecast for Sunday:

"Clear. Highs 59 to 69 at 5000 feet"

"Clear. Highs 60 to 70 at Hungry Valley"

anticipate a wee bit cooler at 8000 feet, when atop the mountain.

Yeah going up Fall was pretty gnarly...

I'll see if I'm free and let you guys know in the next couple days.

Fingers crossed.

Up Arastra :thumbsup:

Do you have a 13t front sprocket ?