LPNF - Sunday - 12/12/10

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder why I run 2 cams too. It's an older Go-Pro and the video isn't very good compared to the HD. It's kinda cool to see a rear view, but honestly the video doesn't turn out too good. It's more of a PITA than anything getting it snagged on trees and stuff. I probably wont bother to run it anymore. Too much to think about with both cams.?

Now that makes sense! I can understand the snagging. I run the chest mount too so I don't snag, but I have to wear it way high up so I can video over the bars. Then sometimes the chin of my helmet hits it.

Hey Steve, Were gonna have to get you Jill out for a ride soon. It's been a while. ?

Arrastra? just kidding. wherever you want.

Jill was riding last weekend, camping at Gorman, I was fixing the leak in the roof and the almost falling down fence and I installed a new trash compactor. Like the Honda commercial.... I wanna ride! I have off from the 22nd thru Jan 3. We'll get some rides in.

Hit me up after January. I'm leaving the country for a couple weeks. I mostly ride Milestone MX, PALA, Cahuilla, Amago, Elsinore (closed now). I really want to start hitting Piru, Comp Edge, and 395.

I'm a beginner- newly addicted to MX, but I can clear most of the jumps, and not the slowest guy on the track anymore.... We're all working on corner speed!

Anyhow, hit me up after the holiday. I-5 Quail road track COULD be a really, really awesome track, if the groomed it better...but the 12" deep ruts really aren't good for a beginner, and it's one of the hardest tracks I've ever ridden to corner fast, being so ruff and torn up...it's like a bunch of pro's have just done 10 heats on it! The jumps are really nice, and that uphill step-up is really cool. Like I said...it's just not maintained well, and it's really rough, so I probably wouldn't ever go all the way up there, just to ride the track.

I don't know about riding rocky cliffs...just not my thing, but looking forward to some fast dual-sport and rowher rides after the holiday.

Here's one for the guys that are in love with their KTM's ?

Thanks to Chris for helping us get this thing started and everybody else for being patient while we did it:thumbsup:

Was the water that deep or did the bike get tipped over in the creek?

Was the water that deep or did the bike get tipped over in the creek?

it was slightly deeper than previous trips. however, while crossing, he stopped, put his foot down, and there was a deep rut there. tipped over. bike submerged, he went for a swim.

it was slightly deeper than previous trips. however, while crossing, he stopped, put his foot down, and there was a deep rut there. tipped over. bike submerged, he went for a swim.

Sounds like slow and steady is the trick and if you are going to tip, save the bike and if you can, hit the kill switch as you go over.