I've owned a lot of bikes over the years, but this is my first WR450F. It's a 2009 I bought new this past spring. I'm not a racer anymore (atleast that's what I tell the wife...I may pick it up again if my son wants to start, but I digress), but we rode every weekend this summer. After reading many posts about Yamaha and poor lubrication from the factory, and horror stories about seized bolts and bearings I figured I had better get out to the "man-cave" and get tearing my bike apart. The poor old girl had spent many an afternoon dragging her belly through the mud and creek crossings, puddles and snot. According to most everything I read here lately, I might as well just get the pneumatic hammer and sawzall out as my bike was probably just one big mass of seized aluminum and steel. With the first nut off the linkage out, I prepared to begin bashing at the bolt...but I started with a light tap - and bolt flew out slick as snot on a doorknob. So did all the rest. Well, that must mean the the bearings are all rusted and screwed up...but that wasn't the case either. Long story short (if it's not too late already), there WAS grease in all the bearings. NO stringcheese as I suspected. Agreed, it was a little thin and getting blackish, but grease just the same. Of course, being another OCD rider/maintainer, I still stripped them apart, cleaned and re-greased...but it's good to know that there is a LITTLE grease in them from the factory. At least enough to get this old rider through a season.