ARROGANCE at washington state parks "foundation"

Washington

A few days ago i received an email from this group asking for donations to help WA state parks. I responded with this email back:

"YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT???? WA state parks were the recipient of ALL stolen funds the generous state took from the offroad community ( 10 MILLION dollars) in NOVA funds. Now you want even more money? As an offroad motorcycle rider for decades here, i am still required to purchase a $24 so called "ORV" tab now even though you guys get ALL of this money and zero goes to the trail systems we use. What is even remotely fair about that? In addition to this rip off, you sneak around with all other vehicle tabs and make us "opt out" of paying 5 dollars for every one i purchase. Kinda underhanded and dishonest, wouldn't you say??? 51% increase in SPENDING by this crazy state over the last 6 years is the reason we are in this predicament.....51 percent? sheesh! sorry, I cannot afford to squander any more funds by giving it to this state."

NOW CHECK OUT THIS POMPOUS response back to me!

"No, I am NOT kidding. Quite frankly, as a lobbyist for recreational interests that has spent much of the past twelve years looking out for you sorry ORVers' interests because you are too stupid to put a lobbyist in the field and work for your own interests (get a clue- hiring a lawyer after the fact is very much more expensive- and you idjits always lose in court, too), AND as a lobbyist who raised hell at the State Parks Commission about even sniffing around the NOVA funds again (I didn't see any of YOU there), I am fed up with people like you. By the time you finish pissing off any friends ORVers have left, you'll have to take your sorry recration out of state- and you won't be missed. Good riddance to rubbish.

James L. King, Jr., Executive Director

Washington State Parks Foundation "

so........how about some ideas and input as to what i can reply back eh?:thumbsup:

Joe

Besides coming off as a dick and being rude.... even though he might have felt that you were coming off as a dick too.... I see logic in his response outside of his last sentence.

I'd like to know how much he charges or earns?

lets all answer this prick back.. F him.. a public official acting like a high school kid..

Please do share the email address ..

Thanks Joe

so........how about some ideas and input as to what i can reply back eh?:thumbsup:

Joe

REALLY..... Ask him what he costs.

lets all answer this prick back.. F him.. a public official acting like a high school kid.. ..

Thanks Joe

He's not a public official.... he's a paid *******, we need 1/2 dozen of these guys working for us:smirk:

Sounds like a real 15 year-old response to me, not like some educated "lobbyist". He can't even spell "recreation" correctly. I'd really like to know what this guy has done on behalf of ORV'er's.

Has he ever met Tod? Does he know the amount of work WOHVA does on our behalf? The NMA? Independent dealers? Who IS this guy anyway?

You need to post his email address.

I am pretty certain that the "info" email address will go right to him and bypass the higher-ups.

We need to ask the person in charge if that's the type of person that they want representing them.

Name calling at their level should not sit well with their upper management.

He's the dude only a mother could love at the bottom of this page. they are a "foundation" so not state agency, but they work hand in hand with the state parks so i wonder if state parks knows how much of a loser he is?

http://washingtonstateparksfoundation.org/about/foundation-board

Joe

edit.....i just got another look at his MUG.....bwaaaahaaaahaaaa , wow!

...and not ONE of these people support OHv use. Hmm, and they want us to support them?

I got the same email, didn't look at too closely, other to note that it didn't come from a .gov domain. So more to the point, where does this guy work? Where are their meetings? Lets get a bunch together and take some rubbish and pay him a visit.....

My response to him

"Thank you for your lobbying in our interest. Evidently you know more about our position than I do. I welcome your advice. I apologize for venting about the current situation. A request for more money touched a tender nerve."

See what he says...

Just my $.02

OR, tell him you're gonna burn his house down, and massacre the family pets

...I prolly just got 2 demerits on the Big Brother log for that one...:thumbsup:

Edited by Slackkinhard

The only good that can come out of this is it serves as a rally call for our cause. THIS IS THE PREVAILING ATTITUDE WE'RE FIGHTING AGAINST. They hate us for no apparent cause. Sure, it'd be nice to have a paid lobbyist on staff tackling these issues in the trenches while this guy finds ways to get-smiley.php?s=2_96 us discretely. :thumbsup:

He mocks Joe because we don't have a daily paid advocate trolling around like him. Look how many friends they have on FB! 10,000!!! I'm sure they all contribute money to their cause too. We need membership like this. Does WOHVA and NMA combined equal this? We need hella cash donations to compete with slime like him.

There's nothing to be gained by entering into an email shouting match with this guy. He's not part of the government, just a lobbyist. And he is correct by the way, we should have a professional lobbyist representing us.

I'm with Wiz636 and Don. The guy's a dick, but he has a lot of good points. Let's break it down:

as a lobbyist for recreational interests that has spent much of the past twelve years looking out for you sorry ORVers' interests

I don't buy that. I don't think many people have been looking out for ORV interests, and certainly not any "lobbyists for recreational (read: hikers) interests"

too stupid to put a lobbyist in the field and work for your own interests (get a clue- hiring a lawyer after the fact is very much more expensive- and you idjits always lose in court

Good point. Is anyone lobbying for us? Can we afford it? If we can afford a lawsuit, we can probably afford a lobbyist. As far as us always losing in court, he is unfortunately correct, but is that because we don't have a lobbyist? If that's what he is suggesting (that lobbyists have a leash on judges in this state), then we will never win, because we will never have the budget of the greenies, and won't be able to buy as many decisions as them.

(I didn't see any of YOU there)

Is this true? Why were no ORV representatives speaking with the state parks commission about our stolen money? How can we get access to the commission?

So this guy is clearly a dick, but maybe instead of shouting back we could learn something from his perspective?

Now this is going somewhere. How do people like DICK get the email address?

Joe............

We do need a good a lobbyist. I believe people like those board members do want us to become extinct but not while we're still their cash cow for the hikers, mountain bikers, bird watchers,etc.

If someone well versed in the NOVA issue were to call the Dori Monson Show at KIRO News Radio I bet he would be willing to listen. He is all over the back handed way this state plays with other people's money. Plus he rides a jet ski.

Too many people still have know clue what we are all about and what our sport contributes.

A few days ago i received an email from this group asking for donations to help WA state parks. I responded with this email back:

"YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT???? WA state parks were the recipient of ALL stolen funds the generous state took from the offroad community ( 10 MILLION dollars) in NOVA funds. Now you want even more money? As an offroad motorcycle rider for decades here, i am still required to purchase a $24 so called "ORV" tab now even though you guys get ALL of this money and zero goes to the trail systems we use. What is even remotely fair about that? In addition to this rip off, you sneak around with all other vehicle tabs and make us "opt out" of paying 5 dollars for every one i purchase. Kinda underhanded and dishonest, wouldn't you say??? 51% increase in SPENDING by this crazy state over the last 6 years is the reason we are in this predicament.....51 percent? sheesh! sorry, I cannot afford to squander any more funds by giving it to this state."

NOW CHECK OUT THIS POMPOUS response back to me!

"No, I am NOT kidding. Quite frankly, as a lobbyist for recreational interests that has spent much of the past twelve years looking out for you sorry ORVers' interests because you are too stupid to put a lobbyist in the field and work for your own interests (get a clue- hiring a lawyer after the fact is very much more expensive- and you idjits always lose in court, too), AND as a lobbyist who raised hell at the State Parks Commission about even sniffing around the NOVA funds again (I didn't see any of YOU there), I am fed up with people like you. By the time you finish pissing off any friends ORVers have left, you'll have to take your sorry recration out of state- and you won't be missed. Good riddance to rubbish.

James L. King, Jr., Executive Director

Washington State Parks Foundation "

Joe

please forward the email to me ASAP :blah:

tod701@aol.com

thats messed up!!! I was pissed until I read Wiz's reponce and for once he made sense :thumbsup: My first reaction would be to blast him back but to what end? It's obvious we need representation on a bigger level but in many ways we are to small to fight it. What to do? What I see actually working is working on a local level with good people. I see People like Tom Savage (gifford area) Dave Haitt (Tillamook Burn area) and Rick Higgens (Hoof River). JCTR (Jone Creek) and others like them doing great things at a local level, getting new trails built legally, new ORV staging areas, adding trails, building maps etc. If we can't beat then on a money for money level at the top we need to do all we can to support those that are already entrenched and active. Build from the foundation up. I am actually shocked how much new trail is happening and how much development is going on. I read gloom and doom here but see new trails, new trail machines, new scouting for bridges (Jones Creek) and new staging areas happing. People that are trying hard at a local level are doing a GREAT job. All these people ask for help all the time and we give them a few people out of thousands of riders here. I'm guilty too. I try to help but want to ride as well. The point I'm trying to make is at the very least get involved in local trail building and effect change through people on the ground doing the real work. Yes, we need legislative representation but we also need to 100% support those already over the hump and making changes for our sport on the ground. There are active groups doing excellent work right now. JCTR needs people to "type" rivers for bridge work so they can make a new ORV area and trails!!!! When do you hear that, new OVR staging areas AND new trails!!!! get out and help, sign up, do the work. Dave Haitt in the Oregon Coast range has built and reclaimed a BUNCH of trail int he Tillamook forest. Diamond Mill was epic challenging ass kicking ride area many years ago. I had all but given up on it and called it done. Then over the last few years i keep hearing about this Dave guy and all the work he is doing. then the other day I ran into him on the trail. Super nice guy, all amped about getting more trails in and get a grant from Yamaha for a single track machine!!!! Awesome. i jumped right on his list and hope to be part of the solution on the ground.

So two things come to mind. We need to leverage the manufactures to help more, that have a vested interest in keeping this industry strong and have some money (not as much now that the economy is weak) and need us to succeed.

Two, we need to do more, a LOT more as a community to help our local groups that are currently doing great things and need our assistance.