Sign in to follow this  

California Do you need a Bike Carrier ?

I just had my hitch redone on the F250 by Mike at Hitch Crafters in Costa Mesa. He does super clean and strong work at reasonable prices. He is also a fellow off roader and real nice guy.

While I was getting things done for the new season I went ahead and had him do a hidden hitch on my van... and build me a Bike Carrier for day trips. The hidden hitch gets the bike up higher so off road clearance is great.

I recommend Mike completely. Just thought it would be a good idea to pass this on in case others need a good local hitch/bike rack guy. :thumbsup:

Hitch Crafters

2252 Fairview Road

Costa Mesa, CA 92627-1666

(949) 548-3000

www.hitchcrafters.com

hitchcrafters_bikerack_640.gif

I have always wondered, what stops those setups from having the handlebars tap on the windows?

I don't see how your bars could hit the window. If the bike is so loose that it can tip forward a foot and hit the window it's probably gonna be dragging behind you going down the road anyway. :thumbsup:

I have always wondered, what stops those setups from having the handlebars tap on the windows?

Well... a guy smarter than me would use tie downs with enough tension to stop the bike from tapping the window. Otherwise, I can give you some examples of what the scratches will look like.

Great carrier btw... I have an aluminum one just like it. If it came with a holder for a gas jug, I'd be all over it.

Well... a guy smarter than me would use tie downs with enough tension to stop the bike from tapping the window. Otherwise, I can give you some examples of what the scratches will look like.

Great carrier btw... I have an aluminum one just like it. If it came with a holder for a gas jug, I'd be all over it.

Yes, if your bike can swing a foot then you need a better carrier or someone to teach you how to tie down a bike. :blah:

Anyway Mike can build you whatever you want. I just know that this thing could hold a Harley... it has NO swing at all... hell I could tow a car with it... and it was under $300... and he is a local off roader I met doing Injured Rider Charity work.

I know other people sell stuff too... but this seemed like a worth while plug. :thumbsup: