Sign in to follow this  

Vm 450

LS kicker sweet retro style.....not.

Looks like a TM had sex with a 98 Husaberg.

Apparently the Czechs haven't heard that 450 4T's are out and 300 2T's are in.

I love the bike... Czech tech at it's best.

I love it!

I can see an old 1985 Husqvarna swingarm, can't see the '98 Husaberg parts, thoug?

LS kicker sweet retro style.....not.

Looks like a TM had sex with a 98 Husaberg.

At one point I had a 98 Husa FC501 and a 2001 TM 300e. Unfortunately, even when left alone in the dark garage together, they did not reproduce. I miss LS kicks, just for the hilarity of letting someone try to start it when they wanted to try my Husa out. Of course, my first two dirtbikes were LS kick, a KTM 540 2t and the Husa, and that 540 was a leg breaker...

I love it!

I can see an old 1985 Husqvarna swingarm, can't see the '98 Husaberg parts, thoug?

The cylinder head and jug look almost identical.

The cylinder head and jug look almost identical.

Right you are! I see it now..

I must admit though: I really like that old 501 engine. Both the old Berg and the Husqvarna 4-strokers were very smooth engines! I still have a 1987 Husqvarna 510 and it puts a bigger smile on my face than my 650 Berg..

The Berg is brutal and explosive while the 510 behaves like an electric engine, pulling smooth from way down low.

An old 510 or 501 Berg engine, with an oil pump for better lubrication could keep most of us happy for a long, long time.. :thumbsup:

cz125_1.jpg

Did they steal the swingarm off of this bike ???:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting those videos. It looks like you posted the same link twice, but not engine photos. I currently have 2 vintage CZ motorcycles and sold over 500 CZ's as a dealer in the 1970's. Love that stuff! Who/where is the VM factory?

Thanks for posting those videos. It looks like you posted the same link twice, but not engine photos. I currently have 2 vintage CZ motorcycles and sold over 500 CZ's as a dealer in the 1970's. Love that stuff! Who/where is the VM factory?

I would love to get my hands on one of those CZ 125s I posted in the pic there. I'm a sucker for oddball bikes. There was one on ebay this week but the engine was locked and I think he had a pretty high reserve for it. Do you know how many of those they imported ? I think it was a 91 or 92 model.

I love Czech/ Slovak bikes... I think the VM has some affiliation with Praga...the motor looks identical to me. Yeah, that CZ is nice on the outside on ebay, but the Reserve is really high. I have seen nice running examples go for less, don't know the exact numbets that were imported, very low...the price was $1995 I think...importer was in Plainview, L.I., NY... some cool bikes here.... www.ec-classic.com/index.php

Edited by DEMI

Yeah I figured they were pretty few and far between...thanks for the info and link. I love checking out those types of bikes.

I love Czech/ Slovak bikes... I think the VM has some affiliation with Praga...the motor looks identical to me. Yeah, that CZ is nice on the outside on ebay, but the Reserve is really high. I have seen nice running examples go for less, don't know the exact numbets that were imported, very low...the price was $1995 I think...importer was in Plainview, L.I., NY... some cool bikes here.... www.ec-classic.com/index.php

Aha, = Praha, ( prague)

yes that was the name of the bikes that i'd seen advertised new around 7years ago , I knew they looked like they used old Husky tooling- remembering that when the Varese plant flooded some Huskys were produced in the Czech republic.. complete with locally produced electrics.

Charlie

I love Czech/ Slovak bikes... I think the VM has some affiliation with Praga...[/url]

You're right. VM is continuing in the footsteps of Praga. Unfortunately, Praga closed due to poor management and PR.

Czech motorcycle gave the world many inventions. Especially the front telescopic shock absorbers, swingarm and current concept of engines (gearbox, crank, clutch in one block!)

Sorry for long waiting but I forgot about this thread. But thanks to Williams_cz who mentioned this thread on one Czech forum I'm here with correct link: http://josek.rajce.idnes.cz/Detaily_VM_610_F/. and some more info. Sorry for waiting once again :smirk:.

As far as I know the VM Motor is company mainly designing and manufacturing go-cart engines.Some time ago they bought former Praga motorcycle division completely with blueprints and manufactured but unsold parts and supplies. They based their new model on older Praga engine but it's almost new except engine cases.

This is VM Motor company website but there is very little info about new VM 610F: http://www.vmmotor.com/.

It looks like they've got good design engineers but very poor marketing and advertising.

They'll also produce SM model and Countrycross model with lights and e-starter with on-road homologation and both also with 470 cc engine.

There're also rumors about designing of brand new 450 cc engine but about this I haven't more info in this moment.

Many people from Czech and Slovakia are curios about some info but they're hard to get.

That's all. I'll add some new info when I heard something.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by volodaj

thanks for updating that..,

your english is fine,

the link is good,

I cannot read the text but that motor looks VERY Husky , is it actually 610CC ??

Charlie

Yes, it's 610 cc. HSQ and HSB engines were templates while designing because of their durability, linear powerband and simplicity. I read most of power is in bottom and middle RPMs. They wanted this bike also for hobby riders therefore this big displacement. It should be really durable. 470 is based on this same engine with different bore or stroke.

I'm looking forward to see this machine live sometimes because I didn't for now. And I'm very curious about planned brand new 450 because 610 is to much for me. In real I love my 250f better then bigger bikes so I hope they'll make one in the future :rant:.

You can try to use Google Translate on VM pages but as I mentioned before there is really little infos :smirk:.

Here are some specs but only in Czech but I think most of them are clear without understanding Czech:

http://www.vmmotor.com/www/vmmotor/rs/download/20091123171616905.pdf

http://www.vmmotor.com/www/vmmotor/rs/download/20091123171542172.pdf

This is nice review but also only in Czech and little long to translate into English for me:

http://www.vmmotor.com/www/vmmotor/rs/download/20091203133937791.pdf

Is it actually for sale or is it a eastern Euro race bike only? I love this bike.... fine machine!