Sign in to follow this  

Where can I order OEM stuff online?

Looking to order stuff like the dB killer, other OEM bits, is there a good dealer that ships parts? Any place that I should avoid?

Thanks

AustinJake

Edited by OlderHuskyRider

I don't really enjoy having to call for parts either, but just call Tasky's in Everett Washington. They almost always have what you need in stock, or they can get them in couple of days. And they are SUPER nice.

And Motoexotica almost always has stuff in stock.

I haven't found a "KTM Talk" like site for Husky with full up Fiche and order capability.

I don't really enjoy having to call for parts either, but just call Tasky's in Everett Washington. They almost always have what you need in stock, or they can get them in couple of days. And they are SUPER nice.

Tasky's actually is the only one of the 3 to respond to an email I sent several hours ago, so they are definitely in 1st place for getting a call. Thanks

Looking to order stuff like the dB killer, other OEM bits, is there a good dealer that ships parts? Any place that I should avoid?

Thanks

AustinJake

Depending on your current fuel settings and TPS setting- you may need to have your CO settings adjusted a few points leaner while using the euro DBKIller (the long one that makes it actually quieter). If you get the Short one- This actually opens up the system and makes it louder (compared to the Spark Arrestor)- for that one you may need to go richer. If you start getting flameouts and bad starts when HOT- in tight single track just have your dealer lower your Co1 and Co2 by 2-3 points.

Depending on your current fuel settings and TPS setting- you may need to have your CO settings adjusted a few points leaner while using the euro DBKIller ........If you start getting flameouts and bad starts when HOT- in tight single track just have your dealer lower your Co1 and Co2 by 2-3 points.

Jeez Louise, you mean its not gonna adjust automatically?!?! What's gonna happen when I ride this thing to from 1000 feet in Austin to 10,000 feet in New Mexico? Will it adjust automatically then? Will it adjust automatically if I put the o2 thing back into the exhaust piep?

You need to run a closed loop system with a sensor to have fully adjustable on the fly updates to the ECU based on altitude and environment. When you remove the O2 sensors and "power up" you are making your system "open loop" where as you run what is in the ECU memory, EXCEPT with the IBeat tool where you can adjust the CO settings.

This is no different than jetting a carb for varying environments, except it is easier, assuming you have the cable, S/W and a laptop. Cost more than Jets, but easier to do once you understand what you are doing.

So YES, if you want to have your ECU auto adjust, you need to run something like a PCV with autotune. Even there, it takes time for the system to measure and adjust.

I was thinking, if someone could equate what each 1% above or below baseline (100%) is as a function of a jet size, like going from 100 to 102 on CO1 is like going up 1 size on a pilot or something like that, it might help to understand this better for some? I get it that going above richens and going below leans, but how much does each 1% equate to? And don't say 1% of 100!:thumbsup: