2011 Kawasaki 250F or 2010 Yamaha YZ450

Which one and why? I have a ton of experience and I'm not looking to race but to enjoy myself of the weekends some time. I actually just found out that there are no more 2010 YZ450 left brand new in my area so now this question may be irrelevant, but which one would you go with?

personally i would go fort the yz fo fiddy!More power better handlingand probally less in price!my 2 cents

I've always been a 2 fiddy fan.

2011 kx250f KILLER BIKE MOTOR IS A SCREAMER,SUSPENSION IS AWSOME.

I picked up my 2010 yz450 for 6200 OTD about 3 weeks ago, have only ridden it for maybe 10 minutes so far. you will save 2k if you get a last year model of something with some factory promotions running..

I have gone from 250F to 450F, back to 250F then to 450F and now I'm on a 2011 KX250F. What I have learned along the way is, riding a 250F is just more fun!

I kept going back to a 450 because I race in the +50 class and everyone else rides a 450. This makes it difficult to get a holeshot, especially on a long or uphill start. But I finally realized that if I ride hard enough, I can make it up in the corners and I was just using that as an excuse to not win. :-)

If you weigh 200 lbs or more, get the 450.

I picked up my 2010 yz450 for 6200 OTD about 3 weeks ago, have only ridden it for maybe 10 minutes so far. you will save 2k if you get a last year model of something with some factory promotions running..

I can get the 2011 Kx250 for $6400. Has anyone purchased there's cheaper?

I have gone from 250F to 450F, back to 250F then to 450F and now I'm on a 2011 KX250F. What I have learned along the way is, riding a 250F is just more fun!

I kept going back to a 450 because I race in the +50 class and everyone else rides a 450. This makes it difficult to get a holeshot, especially on a long or uphill start. But I finally realized that if I ride hard enough, I can make it up in the corners and I was just using that as an excuse to not win. :-)

If you weigh 200 lbs or more, get the 450.

I weigh 190lbs so I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make. I can't find a dealer close to me that still has a 2010 yz450 for sale

At 190 pounds and you're not looking to race I'd get a 450F or, heck, even a 250 two stroke. But since you didn't ask about a smoker, get the 450F.

At 190 pounds and you're not looking to race I'd get a 450F or, heck, even a 250 two stroke. But since you didn't ask about a smoker, get the 450F.

Yamalink, I just love tour avatar picture. So cute.

Thank you. It's my friend Tami's bichon. His name is Kansas. She rescued him from an abusive puppy mill in the state of Kansas.

Yamalink, I just love tour avatar picture. So cute.

If your not racing then I would suggest the 450. The GRIN factor alone is worth it. Most are faster on a 250-short of pro riders most can't use all the power the 450 makes but it is way more fun to have too much power. :thumbsup:

I really disagree with the its more fun to have too much power as far as riding on a track goes. I feel it makes me sloppy, tired faster, and less agressive. With a easier to ride, slower bike (250f) I can push them and go into turns hard come out on the gas pushing the bike and can keep clicking off laps and corners. 450's are too much for me and im not a little guy. Im 6ft 220 and work out regularly. I just dont get along with them I love how 250f's corner.

has anyone tried the 350sx?, because after reading this thread it really seems like ktm is onto something

I want to go with the 2011 KX250F but I think I'm going to get the 2011 YZ450 b/c there are no 2010 left in my area. How much do you think I should pay otd for a 2011 YZ450?

Not sure I read your last post right-you want the 250 but your going to buy the 450? If your buying new 2011 you should have no problem finding the bike you want. Make sure you think it thru-BIG difference in 250 & 450 power. Get the bike you want cause once you bring it home its too late. Only you can know what the best bike for your riding skill and type of riding your going to do. I know what I would get but that does not translate to the preferred bike for you.

Not sure I read your last post right-you want the 250 but your going to buy the 450? If your buying new 2011 you should have no problem finding the bike you want. Make sure you think it thru-BIG difference in 250 & 450 power. Get the bike you want cause once you bring it home its too late. Only you can know what the best bike for your riding skill and type of riding your going to do. I know what I would get but that does not translate to the preferred bike for you.

I was trying to decide b/t the Kawi 2011 250F b/c its new and fuel injected but I also figured that maybe I could get a 2010 YZ450 for a good price but there are no more 2010 YZ450's close to me. My Yama card is free so I figured I would use it and get the 2011 YZ450 b/c yama doesnt have a fuel injected 250 as of now.