Rekluse clutch

Motocross

does anyone use the Zstart pro clutch for motocross racing, local stuff? i would love to have a rekluse core EXP but money is tight. im 37 and do it because i love doing it im not hard core. just wondering about the (Maintains Stock Clutch Lever Feel and Modulation) how big of a deal it will make between the two?

I use one in my bike but do mostly offroad. That said, I wouldn't waste the money for one to use for only the track.

I've had the original z-start and the z-start pro at the track. I think they work great for track or off road. People either love them or hate them. Have you ever got on the brakes hard and killed the engine or bumped someone in a corner rut and killed the engine? With a Rekluse that won't happen.

I have the pro now and above 2000 rpm the clutch feels stock.

I got the z-start pro on a KX450F. Use it for MX racing. Also for play riding on MX and SX tracks. It's great.

Cannot stall the engine due to stopping the rear wheel for any reason. Braking bumps, in the air or whatever.

Adjusted for a very low RPM auto slip range, so for normal riding it's not there. Well almost, the thing is the lever feel firms up as the revs rise, which I love, since in slow turns I use the manual override all the time to smooth out the aggressive bottom end power, and the lever has super light feel at low revs, and good feel and progression as the revs rise.

Need to adjust the clutch lever play to find the sweet spot out of the start gate. And for me that position is usually not where I want it to slip for the rest of the race, but that's the same for me as any manual clutch.

I've done 260 hrs on the stock clutch, and 200 of those with the z-start pro. If you dont abuse it at low revs, then you just cannot burn out your clutch, since at higher revs, the plates grab so hard and cannot ever slip - unless you pull the lever and make it slip. Nice.

I use one in my bike but do mostly offroad. That said, I wouldn't waste the money for one to use for only the track.

I'll be more detailed.... Like the others have said, they are very nice units and work great both offroad and on the track. I guess from my point of view they realy shine for offroad when riding gets technical or in long rides/races when you start to get tired. For practicing at the track or an ocasional race at 20-30 minute runs I don't see having one as to much of an advantage is all. The auto will definitly cover mistakes like stalling and such and will make riding easier especially for an entry level rider or for the guy just looking to make riding a little easier. For a beginner to intermediate I would suggest the pro version and on up I would suggest the EXP. With the standard Z-start for the track where I feathered the clutch more, I found I was adjusting the auto more often and it does not have that great of a clutch feel.

I ran a Rekluse Pro on my 450X off and on for 3 years. It was originally installed for durability reasons since I kept trashing baskets and friction discs. I found it super reliable and if there ever were problems (like when I broke the center hub being stupid taking it out) customer service at Rekluse (thank you Charles) is the best in the business. I took it out when I got my 450R because I seemed to have trouble adapting back and forth between the standard clutch and Rekluse equipped bike in open desert and track and vice versa. Should have added the Rekluse Pro to the 450R right away but you know these things are not free. At 120 hours I decided to add a Rekluse Pro to my KTM300XC-W and I'm wondering why I waited so long. It really helps with my style and takes away any gaps in the gears which are very noticable when racing. I tend to be a short shifting momentum style rider and the Rekluse Pro allows me to do it even on the oinger with ease. Tires last longer with less wheelspin and the bike is simply easier and more fun to ride especially in technical....it's like cheating. Now I'm looking for one for my 450R since I'm doing less track and more open desert stuff on it.....but that's another story. If I only did track I probably wouldn't have a Rekluse BUT I have a freind who's a very fast hard core MXer who swears by the EXP Rekluse on his 450F....There are a couple minor negatives with thr Rekluse Pro but nothing really worth mentioning IMHO.

Does anybody know if any other clutch covers work with the Rekluse EXP on an 09 CRF450 besides the Rekluse one? ....Weisco, Pro Circuit, Hinson, ect.....

No, the Rekluse cover is deeper.

No, the Rekluse cover is deeper.

Yea I know it is deeper...just wondering if there were other options besides the thicker gasket offered by Rekluse...

That, Im not sure of. Mine came with the cover and actually the finish has held up better than any of the others that Ive had.

does anyone use the Zstart pro clutch for motocross racing, local stuff? i would love to have a rekluse core EXP but money is tight. im 37 and do it because i love doing it im not hard core. just wondering about the (Maintains Stock Clutch Lever Feel and Modulation) how big of a deal it will make between the two?

you could get the rekluse trail its pretty much a exp with one less plate inside,

Well I have decided to hold out on the clutch for now I took the extra money and bought a head and valves to fix up my spare bike instead. i will be wishing i had bought the clutch after my first spring race in the corner that i stall in.