Whats a stock 650r carb worth

Title pretty much says it. Bought a bike as a project and had some rotten gas in the bowl that came out almost brown and smelled like varnish. The bike ran before it sat so there cant be anything mechanically wrong with the carb so to sell it what would it be worth?

Thanks

A varnished up carb... Not worth the BS that it will take to make it work. I would look at it as a parts carb if I were looking to buy it. $20 maybe (provided I had a $20 burning a hole in my wallet).

If it was clean and worked, I'd expect it to go for $50 to $100... depends on how many are sitting on eBay begging for bids.

On E-bay I have gotten right at $80and $110 for each of them I sold but, that was a couple of years ago.

Your carbs were probably clean.

Prices are lower now with the crappy economy.?

Edited by pwrpapa

Sold it for $75with the cable and tube. It was a fair deal i took it apart and everything moved freely and there were no issues with it. Obviously could use new jets and a cleaning.

I dont see how someone could say a carb is worth $20

Well you didn't do yo bad than,that's probably a good deal for both of you.

Sold it for $75with the cable and tube. It was a fair deal i took it apart and everything moved freely and there were no issues with it. Obviously could use new jets and a cleaning.

I dont see how someone could say a carb is worth $20

Anything is only going to sell for what the seller is willing to take for it and what the buyer is willing to give for it. You obviously found someone who was willing to take a chance on a varnished up carb. Good deal for you... yet to be seen for the buyer.