PA Abandonned Mine Hill Climbing!!!

Me and the guys riding in Minnersville, PA

Heres a quick vid:

Wrong area. That is in Trevorton, Pa. Reading Anthracite Coal Company owned. I know that area well. The video was taken about three years ago by the looks of the hill you are playing on.

Don

Thanks for the correction, I was just going by what the people told me it was that I went with. I have only been there once, Its really awesome. We rode for 2 hours one way and grabbed some fuel from our packs filled up, turned around and headed back to the truck haha. Its endless up there haha.

Wrong area. That is in Trevorton, Pa. Reading Anthracite Coal Company owned. I know that area well. The video was taken about three years ago by the looks of the hill you are playing on.

Don

looks current Don, The 2 horseshoes on that side are newer

trevorton3.jpg

trevorton.jpg

how long you guys been goin there?

trevorton3.jpg

trevorton.jpg

Hello Jarrod, If you look at the video link I have below. I think you will see at 20 seconds on both videos are the same area. Big difference in that area. Maybe the thread starter will give us a date of action. At least two years old.

Don

That is a pretty massive hill!!!

Looks not to shabby cause if you fall it's nice and soft silt like dirt. Still, too high for me. I can barely handle the small little baby hills :thumbsup:

trevorton3.jpg

trevorton.jpg

Hello Jarrod, If you look at the video link I have below. I think you will see at 20 seconds on both videos are the same area. Big difference in that area. Maybe the thread starter will give us a date of action. At least two years old.

Don

sorry Don you were right, that area is very eroded compared to the pics of just a few years ago.

I think I was there in spring 2009. Ill have to dig through some pictures and maybe find a timestamp.

That is a pretty massive hill!!!

Looks not to shabby cause if you fall it's nice and soft silt like dirt. Still, too high for me. I can barely handle the small little baby hills :thumbsup:

Thats actually the smaller side.

The biggest hill is in the lower section, its very hard to get a size refrence o nthese.

2005_241786.jpg

2005_241780.jpg

This is one of the longer hills on the upper section, thats a full sized rail buggy in the pic.

2005_239724.jpg

I have been climbing their for three years. The hills are in constant flux. Mother nature likes us to have a new play ground so we don't get bored. Great pics Jarrod:thumbsup: Until you have been their, it's hard to visualize the height and steepness of the hills.

Don