XR100 with Green & Gold paint

I have to admit when I saw the title of the thread the only reason I clicked on it was to see a picture of some POS that some one ruined with can spray paint.

....but, that looks very nice and very well done. I love the golf grip wraped grab bar.?

The side photo of your bike with the red shock is currently my desktop background. When it went on there, my adult children shook their heads and declared it Dad's "bike pr0n". According to them I'm far beyond help apparently.

The whole thing is just awesome looking! :blah: You have a lot of talent and good taste! ?

Hey Jack22,

I just noticed in one of your other threads that you are going to add a key switch. I have one I cut off when adding a dual sport kit. Need the switch?

I've already got one... Where did you get the dual sport kit, I need one.

Edited by Jack22

I did a ProCycle.us kit but wouldn't recommend. My headlight was a Baja Designs & upgraded stator I installed already in 2008.

In hindsight, I'd go the way everyone else was advising at the time and make my own harness and, baring a super-duper package deal on the rest, get the other parts individually.

As it is now, I'm going to end up making my own harness in the summer and either selling or giving the old one away. I already had to cut a ton off of the pre-made harness because it was way, way to much for the CRF 100.

IMHO, it simply isn't worth it going the the package deals. Too much ends up being modified so you might as well make it yourself from the start so it looks nice.

Didn't you have a short build thread with pictures on a forum here or somewhere else?

I thought I'd read it but can't find my bookmark. I'm so tempted to try something similar in the coming years and want to save a lot of trial and error. (Fun for me is in the riding and really not the modding.)

With a small front fender, that bike street plated is my idea of the perfect bike.

This bike is straight up awesome. I hope you get a round headlight, not a regular dual sport kit.

For sure, the headlight will be some sort of old school something from ebay or swap meet. I'm thinking of finding an old xl100 to get the battery box, stator brake switch and regulators.

Come to far to start adding plastic aftermarket doodads.

Didn't you have a short build thread with pictures on a forum here or somewhere else?

I thought I'd read it but can't find my bookmark. I'm so tempted to try something similar in the coming years and want to save a lot of trial and error. (Fun for me is in the riding and really not the modding.)

With a small front fender, that bike street plated is my idea of the perfect bike.

I did have a write up on planet minis... I will try this in the future, http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/how-to-fabricating-a-tail-section-with-special-79.html

• 6 months later...

sorry to bump an old thread like this but this bike is simply awesome. does anyone know where there are any good tutorials on doing paint like this on the net? I have some equipment but I'd like to know the process so I can weigh whether it would be something I'd like to undertake... :ride: