Sign in to follow this  

Steering stabilizer

where is the best place to get one??? who has the best prices??

I bought my Scotts Stabilizer and Sub Mount w/triple clamp from BRP. http://www.brpmoto.com/ They were very helpful and answered all of my questions. After riding with it for a few years now I'm completely satisfied. Great product and service!!

Scotts.

No cons.

I have a 09 and after one sand trip I put on a Scotts and almost trash caned the Honda one. :thumbsup:

is the sub mount that much better? can you use the regular mount with the stock honda bars that have the crossbar?

i have the submount on my ktm, and I can keep the damper, but I need a new mount setup. not sure which one to get.

is the sub mount that much better? can you use the regular mount with the stock honda bars that have the crossbar?

I have the submount on my ktm, and I can keep the damper, but I need a new mount setup. not sure which one to get.

I have the renthal stock bar with the cross bar. I used the regular mount and installed the damper backwards. Scotts have PICs.

I prefer the GPR V4. Ultra slim model that raised the bars 3/8". I bought it straight from GPR and they have great customer service. If you think it is too high you can run a CR mid bend that will drop you back to the stock height. Free rebuild for life, you just have to mail it to them and they will mail it back all fresh. Installation was cake. Good luck.

I have a Scotts and love it, forget its there most of the time. You can shop around or go directly to Scotts. The guys at Scotts are extremely helpful. Eric is on this board a lot answering questions. Scotts can't dicker on price due to non-competition agreements with their dealers but their service is second to none IMO.

If you want to raise your bars go with the sub mount, if not then don't. I'm 5-11 and the sub mount helped me out a bunch, plus it gets the damper in out of harms way and not where you might get nailed by it as opposed to the over bar.

I have a Scotts and love it, forget its there most of the time. You can shop around or go directly to Scotts. The guys at Scotts are extremely helpful. Eric is on this board a lot answering questions. Scotts can't dicker on price due to non-competition agreements with their dealers but their service is second to none IMO.

If you want to raise your bars go with the sub mount, if not then don't. I'm 5-11 and the sub mount helped me out a bunch, plus it gets the damper in out of harms way and not where you might get nailed by it as opposed to the over bar.

I have a 09 and after one sand trip I put on a Scotts and almost trash caned the Honda one. :thumbsup:

curious i4bikes did u run both dampers together or one at a time?

curious i4bikes did u run both dampers together or one at a time?

The Honda one almost went out with the trash. So no :thumbsup: