Sign in to follow this  

03 cr250 woods question

Breaks much easier in the mud. An 18 in should not pick up as much mud as a 19 in.

Breaks much easier in the mud. An 18 in should not pick up as much mud as a 19 in.

How/where does a 19 inch pick up more mud than an 18 inch?

How/where does a 19 inch pick up more mud than an 18 inch?

x2 I've been riding mx for a long time. Never heard that one before.

I have an 18" rear wheel on my 05 cr250. I run a trials tire and it gets an insane amount of traction. I absolutely love it.

The main advantages of an 18" wheel are that they're less prone to pinch flats and you can use a trials tire which more and more woods guys are starting to run.

I've been running my cr250 for the past 3 years in tight single track with plenty of rocks and roots and have never had pinch flat. I run 10 - 12 pounds pressure with an ultra heavy duty tube. I have noticed that the tubes are really scuffed up and worn thin in the sidewall area when it comes time to change the tire. My opinion is the 18" rear is not all that advantageous and in fact compromises handling a bit. Russell Bobbit runs 19" rear for that reason.

Bigger circumference tire = more area to hold the mud? :thumbsup:

The tire on an 18" wheel has the same circumference as with a 19" wheel. The tire for the 18 has more sidewall, I would think that would be more surface area for mud to stick to.