Cold weather gloves

We used to wear silk socks, but then then came out with polypropylene. These days all that under-armor body-dri moisture-wicking stuff is pretty much the same stuff.

Polypropylene socks, with cotton tube-socks over that and then a wool sock. All the moisture wicks out of the inner sock keeping your feet very dry. And very warm.

I remember skiing in Vermont in -25F weather and the only thing warm was my feet.

For MX or trail? For trail I assume you'd want something much warmer as you don't take breaks to warm up like when MXing. I have some Shift Chill gloves, and they are slightly warmer than regular MX gloves. A rubber glove under a regular MX is what I've been using the past few weeks. I have a hard time getting used to hitting jumps with the bulkier Shift gloves on. This has been working in the 35 or so temps of the past two weekends.

I just got a new set of the Fox Polar Paws and I love them. In terms of my feet I always wear 2 pairs of normal socks and ski socks on top and have never had an issue.

I have the polar paws as well and they're great to about -2C, any colder and you'll want something warmer...

ARC Back Country - pretty cheap, little thicker compared to normal MX gloves but they work well. Have worn them with temps around 40 and my hands felt fine, as others have stated layer in a set of rubber gloves to cut down on the wind.